Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Big Finish Audios?

Options
  • 27-05-2017 12:23pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So, after going on a Doctor Who binge over the last two weeks (mostly out of nostalgia for my Doctor, 7th) I started investing in the odd Big Finish audio. (For the sake of discussion, we don't have to limit it to said Doctor - I'd listen to quite a few eg. 5th Doctor taking on the Weeping Angels sounds like an interesting one, and I hear Colin Baker's episodes have been widely acclaimed). Thing is, Sylvester has done so many - and quite a lot would also involve the Adventure Novels after the cancellation. Given the audios also refer to past audios quite a lot (if not the books), it would seem there's only pockets of standalone ones.

I recently listened to:
    • Colditz
    • The Fearmonger
    • Night Thoughts
    All pretty decent (quite liked Night Thoughts as it was a horror-ish story - I do like a good horror). However, they're from 2000-2006 - I'd be curious to know which of the more recent ones are must-listens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Firstly, if you have Spotify check out the Doctor Who profile which has a lot of early Big Finish stuff and spin offs. For me the main attraction is the 8th Doctor adventures as we have TV stories that mould the characters of 5 6 and 7 (and later 4) but with 8 it's an almost clean sheet.

Advertisement