Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend Wireless Range

Options
  • 27-05-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi, can't seem to find answer (did look).

need to extend wireless range in house and into garden (thick walls etc).

I tried to use spare routers to extend but failed (not too techy).

Happy to purchase solution but want to use existing ethernet cables running to chosen location rather than those powerlinks etc.

But don't know of plug and play wireless extender that uses ethernet connection to main modem? any suggestions please?

Also if there is one available with extra ports (to act as switch) too?

Thank you experts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What you'll purchase will be the same as the spare router you have, an access point is simply a router with a few smarts not included.

What unit have you got lying about?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

ED E wrote: »
    What you'll purchase will be the same as the spare router you have, an access point is simply a router with a few smarts not included.

What unit have you got lying about?

Thanks Ed good to know.

I have two Eir F2000. I managed to get the 2nd one set up to extend wireless range.

Plan on getting a third for new garden area.

Cheers

Advertisement