Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on the company First Derivatives PLC

Options
  • 27-05-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. so i am a postgraduate in business major. So I recently applied for the Explores Programmes of First Derivatives PLC. The programme sounds very tempting (as the name implies, you travel abroad to develop new business) and that the company seems a leader in what it does.

However, after some research on Glassdoor, the company seems pretty bad in terms of culture, and the way graduates end up staying in Newry with repetitive work.

Since the programme i applied for is quite new, so i was wondering if anyone could give me some info or advice on the company, or if anyone has worked or works at this company and please give me some advice.

During my interview with the manager, I was told the recruitment is an ongoing process and they have intake each month, which makes me think they might have a high turnover.....

Anyone any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭MySandwich

While I never worked for them, I have worked closely with their people in the past so I am very familiar with the workings of the company.

From what I gather they have a large turnover of graduates, and it has a bit of a sink or swim mentality. The pay in the first 2 years isn't great but after that I hear it increases nicely.

Not too sure about the business development stream, but I imagine there would be quite a bit of travel involved as their clients are worldwide.

I personally wouldn't work for them but I have spoken to people about it before who seemed to enjoy it, and especially as a chance to gain some experience.

Advertisement