Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the average insurance on motorbikes for 18 year olds?

Options
  • 27-05-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have no clue what motorbike I'd be getting so I need advice from someone who has more knowledge and experience with motorbikes. What would the insurance cost me if I got a motorbike(with which I need to make a 20-30 km journey everyday)? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

ob1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's a 20-30 minute journey? And what would it have to do with the cost of insurance? On any vehicle? At any age?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 demoslocke

endacl wrote: »
    What's a 20-30 minute journey? And what would it have to do with the cost of insurance? On any vehicle? At any age?

To give an idea of what bike I need.... It doesn't need to be wholly expensive or new... Don't get too offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

demoslocke wrote: »
    To give an idea of what bike I need.... It doesn't need to be wholly expensive or new... Don't get too offended.

Honestly you're better off calling an insurance company like Principal, tell them your details and they can usually give you an approximate price. Best advice is keep it something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have you got a licence and done IBT?

Put details into online quote on liberty to get an idea. Find a bike for sale and use its details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

bout three fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wossack wrote: »
    bout three fiddy

Dang it forgot about the three fiddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Ignore the government reps on here trying to turn young blokes away from biking .......in any case I'm sure you'll be aware of the many hoops you need to jump through before even getting on the road, that's more hoops than you'll find in a bag of hula hoops (jumbo size bag)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just call a few of the companies and ask them - you'll get a better answer than here

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcf1

For Information
    20 Year old Woman, recent A2 provisional, IBT 18Hour completed, Honda 125CB, 5,000 k pa, garaged, rural address, no NCB, no driving record.
    MCE: TPFT 710, Comp 970
    CN: TPFT 1370, Comp 2500
    Liberty: TPFT 1300, Comp 1680
    AXA: Wild(+2000), Comp Wilder
    Quotes seem to be very variable, depends on bike, age, address, experience, and perhaps how full their underwriting book is for a given period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

kcf1 try principal

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcf1

Principal would not quote for 20 year old.

Small revision to previous prices.
    20 Year old Woman, recent A2 provisional, IBT 18Hour completed, 5,000 k pa, garaged, rural address, no NCB, no driving record, no pillon.
    MCE: TPFT 700, Comp 970 Suzuki 125 GN
    MCE: TPFT 900, Comp 1200 Honda 125CB
    CN: TPFT 1370, Comp 2500 Honda 125CB
    Liberty: TPFT 1300, Comp 1680 Honda 125CB
    AXA: Wild(+2000), Comp Wilder Suzuki 125 Bergman

Apparently, difference in Suzuki 125GN cost versus Honda 125CBF is that Honda has a high theft risk. More desirable, depending on your taste, but hard to see risk differs by €200-300?
    Hope this is of some guidance, as most post are speculative. Obviously your price will differ.

Q. There are references to Bikes being in specific insurance "groups".
    Where can I see a table of Bikes and what groups they are in?

Advertisement