Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs. Scarlets, Pro12 Final, 18:15, 27 May 2017, TG4, S4C, SS1

1234568»

Comments

Buer wrote: »
    I think Scannell is something of an elephant in the room at this point. Since the end of the ECC pool stages, his performances have been way down. He was unlucky not to be capped in the autumn and then was the 24th man in the 6N opening game.

Since then his level of performance has me thinking he'll have a fight to keep the 12 jersey ahead of JJH for Munster let alone feature for Ireland too much next season.

You could be right, I saw a lot of him in the first half of the season and was very impressed but probably saw less of him in the latter half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

molloyjh wrote: »
    Was his analysis accurate? There's little point in getting pissed off about it if so. Teams can easily win games with a poor offensive plan if they get on top up front enough. So winning games in and of itself doesn't disprove what Jackman was saying. Look at Leinster in 13-14. Played poor rugby but still won the league. In 14-15 we played even worse and were millimetres from a European final. People pointed to these things to claim there weren't any issues when there clearly were issues.

Missing the point.

Did Jackman predict a win or loss for Munster the week before the game?

If Munster are so predictable and easy to beat as has been suggested he said after the game then surely he would predicted the loss in the lead up to the game.

Fwiw, I'm not sure if your being deliberately antagonist or not with your post but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - I'm not one bit pissed off with Jackman's analysis. In fact I'm not one bit pissed off with result. We were well beaten, no ifs, buts or ands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 GrainneArd

phog wrote: »
    Missing the point.

Did Jackman predict a win or loss for Munster the week before the game?

If Munster are so predictable and easy to beat as has been suggested he said after the game then surely he would predicted the loss in the lead up to the game.

Fwiw, I'm not sure if your being deliberately antagonist or not with your post but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - I'm not one bit pissed off with Jackman's analysis. In fact I'm not one bit pissed off with result. We were well beaten, no ifs, buts or ands.

You are correct on this. And Mollyjh is correct also as I see it. Brent Pope said as much. The analysts said Munster were going to win against Scarlets last week and then the following week they show how Munster lost against Scarlets. I think he pretty much owned up to the fact that they are not great analysts. While a team is winning they can't see the failings of the team until the team loses. Then they are all over it. I got the impression Pope was embarrassed by the sudden brilliance of analysis when Munster lost

Did Jackman ever say Munster were easy to beat? I didn't hear him anyway. Sounds made up.

Advertisement