Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Himself is turning 30

Options
  • 27-05-2017 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

The other half is turning 30 in September and I'm at a loss as what to do/get him for his birthday. He has fully decided he does not want a party or any fuss like that. I wanted to something different this year. I only work 2 days a week so if planning something decent ill need to get saving now.

He's into soccer/photography/space and science documentaries/gaming etc.

For the first birthday we were together I got him a star certificate and a trip to Liverpool for a match, the second was just a few cans and a camera bag as I wasn't working. Last year we went to Liverpool again. I was going to get him a gaming laptop but anything worth buying is going to be over a grand.

I'm stuck for ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

If he (even occasionally) drinks beer other than largers then I'd recommend beer brewing equipment.

You'll need one each of these;
    HBC - Starter Brew Kit
    StarSan Sanitiser

which comes with ingredients too, but you have to leave a note when ordering, so I'd ask for this;
    Pale Ale 23L

And this is how you brew;
    Beoir.ie - Extract How To

You'd also need some bottles though I just recycled some bud bottles. There are some other bits and pieces I'd recommend if you're interested.

Advertisement