Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmonstown dart station 2017

Options
  • 27-05-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

We're in the process of buying a house in Ennafort, Raheny. We'd heard previously that Harmonstown dart station can be rough at night. Is this still the case? I work late some evenings so will get off dart at Harmonstown and walk down the lane way to Ennafort. Are there any problems with antisocial behaviour on that laneway at night?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring Raheny guards and ask them is there much trouble up there.
    It always strikes me as a very sleepy quiet area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've lived in Brookwood (the other side of the tracks) for the last 20 years and never had any issues whatsoever. Nor have my two daughters I might add. It can be a bit of a hangout for teens but they are more interested in each other than to be of any worry to anyone else.

Enjoy the area, it's a little gen of a place.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

Grew up in Ennafort and living in Brookwood now. Its a great area. Ive never had any hassle there. As stated before it does tend to attract kids hanging around but I've never actually seen any hassle there. Best of luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

pocketse wrote: »
    Grew up in Ennafort and living in Brookwood now.
    Whoooop, Brookwood Beers!! Lets start a tradition. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Whoooop, Brookwood Beers!! Lets start a tradition. :)

See ya in the Hound!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I thought I was the only Hounder on boards :)

In response to your Q - the worst you'll see there is a few teenager knocking about smoking joints. Harmonstown was dodgy back in the day but the kids growing up there now look way softer than they used to be so I wouldn't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 theskeptic

The "kids" and "teenagers" can be a bit threatening - blocking the ticket gates and shouting and smashing bottles.

If it feels unsafe - especially after dark and if there are few passengers getting off at Harmonstown then you could carry on to Raheny DART which allows quicker access to the public street and then walk back to Ennafort - 10mins extra or so, depending on which end you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EmmaL1980

Thanks everyone for the replies. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Interested in buying a property around brookwood rise, brookwood crescent area and was also wondering about the dart station and area in general. Seems like a very quiet, settled area although closer to mc auley park looks a little rougher around the edges. Any feedback from those in the area would be appreciated!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Interested in buying a property around brookwood rise, brookwood crescent area and was also wondering about the dart station and area in general. Seems like a very quiet, settled area although closer to mc auley park looks a little rougher around the edges. Any feedback from those in the area would be appreciated!

Yep, it might look rough around the edges but it's not actually rough. I've lived in brookwood for 7 years and ever had an ounce of trouble. It's a quiet settled area with really convenient transport links, close to st Anne's park and dollymount. It's a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Thanks it seems like a lovely spot. Read a few older posts about the dart station being a no go after dark which I found off putting but I've never actually heard of anyone having any negative at all to say about the area. The proximity to the park is really a huge plus.

Advertisement