Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

365 account closed for no reason

• 27-05-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Ok......this is weird. Went to log on to put a bet on the Celtic game earlier and met with a message to say my account was restricted and to contact customer services. Turns out my account was closed after management review and there's no chance of opening but they won't give me a reason why. I emailed and got this back:

Dear Mr Gallagher,

Thank you for your email regarding your bet365 account.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm following a Management review your account has been permanently closed. Unfortunately this means your account has been closed with no option to reopen and you will not be able to hold an account with bet365.

There is no further information that I am able to offer you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email support-eng@customerservices365.com freephone 08000 288 365 or alternatively call 01782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.

Kind regards,

Laura Th
    The bet365 Team

This ever happen to anyone else out of the blue? I've been laying off the betting recently but been my usual muggy self of late and no big wins. The fact they won't give a reason is pissin me off the most though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

It happens all the time and there is no comeback. What were you betting on?

It takes work (and there is a small cost) but to keep a Bet365 account open you need to lose money with them and recoup about 98% of your money by betting the opposite side on Betfair from time to time.

Their asian markets are worth the effort and overall their odds on football are pretty decent.

Think about what you may have done to have your account highlighted (betting on niche sports/league, profit level, ect) and if you are doing the same thing with another account that you don't want to lose then do the betfair thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Do you bet those 50 inplay offers doing something which guarantees a profit or get the free bet by backing something ridiculously short like over .5 goals with the first 50. That is a fast track to getting an account closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Do you bet those 50 inplay offers doing something which guarantees a profit or get the free bet by backing something ridiculously short like over .5 goals with the first 50. That is a fast track to getting an account closed.

I have taken over 0.5 goals for years and never had a problem .

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I have taken over 0.5 goals for years and never had a problem .

You must be losing a shed load to them regularly on other sports bets for them to keep it open :P I know people who have had accounts closed who only used Bet365 for the offer and were backing the over .5 goals or doing some combination of bets that guaranteed them profit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You must be losing a shed load to them regularly on other sports bets for them to keep it open :P I know people who have had accounts closed who only used Bet365 for the offer and were backing the over .5 goals or doing some combination of bets that guaranteed them profit.

Yeah, it's the only bet I win.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Bet on the free 50 all the time when it's on yeah and always done over 0.5 goals. It's so weird though, and the fact they won't give a specific reason is pissin me off most. Would ibas be able to sort this?

If the account was closed for a reason and they explained, I'd be ok. But this doesn't make sense.

Division wrote: »
    It happens all the time and there is no comeback. What were you betting on?

It takes work (and there is a small cost) but to keep a Bet365 account open you need to lose money with them and recoup about 98% of your money by betting the opposite side on Betfair from time to time.

Their asian markets are worth the effort and overall their odds on football are pretty decent.

Think about what you may have done to have your account highlighted (betting on niche sports/league, profit level, ect) and if you are doing the same thing with another account that you don't want to lose then do the betfair thing.

And that's where it gets confusing. If anything I've laid off the betting recently, maybe a tenner a week and then all of a sudden, this.

I'll be honest, I know what gets people banned etc cause it happened before but when it's for no reason, this is why I'm ****ed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

And that's where it gets confusing. If anything I've laid off the betting recently, maybe a tenner a week and then all of a sudden, this.

I'll be honest, I know what gets people banned etc cause it happened before but when it's for no reason, this is why I'm ****ed off.

Tenner a week? Ffs, that's petty what they've done

Bet on the free 50 all the time when it's on yeah and always done over 0.5 goals. It's so weird though, and the fact they won't give a specific reason is pissin me off most. Would ibas be able to sort this?

If the account was closed for a reason and they explained, I'd be ok. But this doesn't make sense.

Well that is your answer then. They would see that as abusing the offer and to be honest it is. I would say they had a monthly review of accounts because they are probably gonna run the offer for the CL final and closed a fair few accounts they felt were abusing the offer and didn't offer much profit for them in other areas.

I don't think ibas is of any help as I think they have the right to close or restrict accounts as they see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm not allowed do the free fifty in play any more although my account is still open. I was pretty much only betting with 365 on this but I wasn't playing it safe and guaranteeing profit - I did actually take a risk and regularly lost my initial €50 although I was up overall.

That was a couple of years ago and they said it was reviewable although have asked them at least once and been refused. Might try my arm again before CL final as I've done a couple of small bets on the account over the season.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    I'm not allowed do the free fifty in play any more although my account is still open. I was pretty much only betting with 365 on this but I wasn't playing it safe and guaranteeing profit - I did actually take a risk and regularly lost my initial €50 although I was up overall.

That was a couple of years ago and they said it was reviewable although have asked them at least once and been refused. Might try my arm again before CL final as I've done a couple of small bets on the account over the season.

They probably have some kind of approach to this on what they do with regards the account. Thinking about it this offer probably helps them weed out many different types of gamblers. If you are guaranteeing profit it means you are not much of a gambler and therefore they really don't want you as a customer. If you are at least gambling it up but winning on the offer then they still want you just not for this offer. This offer probably tells alot about how a customer gambles and gives them great information for profiling people. If you are still losing on this offer they need to do everything to keep you as a customer :pac:

If you are basically only betting on this offer and your first bet is over 0.5 goals Bet365 will see that they won't make money from you yet there is a cost to keeping you as a customer which is more than the revenue they generate from having you as a customer so they close your account. Its a good business decision from their point of view.

They won't give you a reason why they closed your account except to say it was a trading decision - which basically means you are not profitable for them or they suspect you won't be in the future. IBAS can't do anything, the regulator can't do anything. Only way this changes is if a change is made in the legislation.

Considering the amount of times that I've been on that offer and the last time was ages ago, the decision to do it now is strange. Been trying to find out how to contact anyone apart from a drone on the phone or email is tough and they keep saying they can't tell me anything. To be honest, if they're worried about me then they must have shut down a hell of a lot of accounts recently cause I certainly wasn't making money on it and haven't in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Considering the amount of times that I've been on that offer and the last time was ages ago, the decision to do it now is strange. Been trying to find out how to contact anyone apart from a drone on the phone or email is tough and they keep saying they can't tell me anything. To be honest, if they're worried about me then they must have shut down a hell of a lot of accounts recently cause I certainly wasn't making money on it and haven't in a long time.

You can request account notes from the traders, i done it when mine got restricted and the note on my account said syndicate betting so thats how the got me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

markc91 wrote: »
    You can request account notes from the traders, i done it when mine got restricted and the note on my account said syndicate betting so thats how the got me

Mackers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Mackers :pac:

You know it! :p

Have to laugh at this response.

Thank you for your email reply.

With regards to your account, there is nobody at bet365 that can provide you with any further specific details as to the decision taken to close your account on a permanent basis.

Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email support-eng@customerservices365.com freephone +800 12 365 365 or alternatively call +44 1782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.

Kind regards,

Katie E
    Customer Account Supervisor
    The bet365 Team

If there's nobody in the company that can tell me, who made the decision??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could you make a Data Protection Request of them?

Could you make a Data Protection Request of them?

Would that be the same as requesting traders notes from my account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would that be the same as requesting traders notes from my account?

Yeah but will legal backing. If it applies to them, they'd have to give you every piece of information they hold on you. Not sure if it applies to them though.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Accessing-Your-Personal-Information/r/14.htm

• Advertisement

Yeah but will legal backing. If it applies to them, they'd have to give you every piece of information they hold on you. Not sure if it applies to them though.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Accessing-Your-Personal-Information/r/14.htm

Would it only work if they were based here in Ireland?

This has been tried a couple of times that I'm aware of. The bookie simply said that it was a business decision and they are under no obligation to provide any information under the freedom of information act.

With the current legislation in Ireland bookies can basically do whatever they want it seems. The only thing keeping them in line in most cases is their competitors.

I contacted many organisations from regulators, to IBAS to the justice department and nobody gave me any hope into the practice of limiting/closing accounts being stopped or even investigated and there is no chance of organising enough people to contact their local representatives so its not worth spending any time on. There are many other bookmakers, keep working your way through them and then find a bet broker.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Backing horses that move to smaller SP's is also another way of getting accounts closed.

OP
    If you want/need a 365 account, why not open one up in parent(s)/girlfriend name etc and take the account opening offer "of up to €200, one per address etc".
    They have cut back on the offer by stipulating it has to be rolled once before withdrawal so can't do the "back a horse at enhanced odds on a Saturday morning for 400 (200 deposit + 200 bonus) and then lay it off on Betfair straight away.
    Was funny trying to explain to friends why we wanted the horse to lose, so didn't need to produce documents to get the money out.

Backing horses that move to smaller SP's is also another way of getting accounts closed.

OP
    If you want/need a 365 account, why not open one up in parent(s)/girlfriend name etc and take the account opening offer "of up to €200, one per address etc".
    They have cut back on the offer by stipulating it has to be rolled once before withdrawal so can't do the "back a horse at enhanced odds on a Saturday morning for 400 (200 deposit + 200 bonus) and then lay it off on Betfair straight away.
    Was funny trying to explain to friends why we wanted the horse to lose, so didn't need to produce documents to get the money out.

I'm not following how this has changed.

Make first deposit to Bet365 for €200.

Bet the €200 on whatever.

Now your bonus is available to bet with so you bet the €200 bonus on the same thing as your first bet.

Lay the bet to win €400 on Betfair.

Hopefully your Bet365 bet loses.

You have a profit of €400 in your Betfair account before commission.

What changes happened that you can't do this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

You have a balance of 400 in your bf account but only 200 of it is profit, some of which will be eaten up by not quite getting exact same back and lay prices for your rollover bet

Bateman wrote: »
    You have a balance of 400 in your bf account but only 200 of it is profit, some of which will be eaten up by not quite getting exact same back and lay prices for your rollover bet

Lets say you deposit €200 with Bet365 and bet €400 (includes bonus) on Team X to win @ 2.0

You then go to Betair and lay Team X @ odds of 2.1

You lay €400 for a total liability of €440.

Total invested:

Bet365: €200
    Betfair: €440

Total: €640

Result: Draw

Bet365: -€200
    Betfair: +€400
    Commission (5%): -€20

Total P/L: €180.

Is there a way to improve on this?

Division wrote: »
    Is there a way to improve on this?

Not but you also need to turn it over again if the bet wins on bet365 before you can withdraw.

I would be more inclined to find a bet you like on Bet365 at around even money. Put the 400 on and lay 200 on betfair. If it wins you have 800 or have lost nothing. If it wins put 400 on another even money bet you like. You will have lost nothing or be sitting with 1200 for 800 profit.

Advertisement