Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating Kodi on a firestick/keep addons.

• 28-05-2017 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Anyone managed to update to Kodi 17.3 on a firestick and kept all of their addons? I've been ignoring the update message for a month or two now, but message today about potentially compromising home network if I don't update has spurred me into doing it. I've tried a few different ways from Youtube instructional vids and none have worked successfully.

I have a tonne of addons installed and bookmarks/favourites etc as well as plexus and acestream players which were a pain to sideload, so really don't want to have to clean install and set them all up again if at all avoidable.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Backup KODI and restore it after updating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Surely that will put you back to square one?
    Why would you want to overwrite the new version?

Advertisement