Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes and tips for Aldi pizza oven

Options
  • 28-05-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all, I picked up the Aldi pizza oven on Thurs and had a trial run yesterday using the pre rolled Aldi pizza dough. I had no issues getting up to 350 degrees (according to the built in thermometer) using kiln dried hardwood.

Unfortunately, I had massive issues with the dough. It was very sticky so I couldn't get it off the metal paddle. The few I managed to get in ended up scorched on the bottom. Any tips? Was the stone too hot? Should I make my own, less sticky, dough? I'm a total beginner so any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi all, I picked up the Aldi pizza oven on Thurs and had a trial run yesterday using the pre rolled Aldi pizza dough. I had no issues getting up to 350 degrees (according to the built in thermometer) using kiln dried hardwood.

Unfortunately, I had massive issues with the dough. It was very sticky so I couldn't get it off the metal paddle. The few I managed to get in ended up scorched on the bottom. Any tips? Was the stone too hot? Should I make my own, less sticky, dough? I'm a total beginner so any suggestions welcome!

Try this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057609472

Advertisement