Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naomi Hardware Setup

Options
  • 28-05-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I wanted to get an atomiswave mobo and games but while the mobo is cheap the games work out pricey by the time you've picked them up.

Instead I'm thinking of going the naomi and game image route. Bit more expensive up front but two full system libraries available then.

I guess I need some of the following if anyone can help out at the right price.

Naomi 1 or 2 mobo
    Zero key
    Netdimm and pi setup with latest 4.01/4.02 firmware OR
    Dimm and cf flash setup with latest firmware
    Capcom io
    Relevant cables to hook up naomi and Capcom io.

I have an atomiswave cab which covers the power side I believe.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'd say you best bet will be your post on ArcadeOtaku, i have none of that stuff, the Netdimm and Pi setup is very interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

I wanted to get an atomiswave mobo and games but while the mobo is cheap the games work out pricey by the time you've picked them up.

Instead I'm thinking of going the naomi and game image route. Bit more expensive up front but two full system libraries available then.

I guess I need some of the following if anyone can help out at the right price.

Naomi 1 or 2 mobo
    Zero key
    Netdimm and pi setup with latest 4.01/4.02 firmware OR
    Dimm and cf flash setup with latest firmware
    Capcom io
    Relevant cables to hook up naomi and Capcom io.

I have an atomiswave cab which covers the power side I believe.

Thanks

its being a while since i messed with naomi stuff so i could be off on this .. BUT better games on it,than on the atomiswave anyway !

I wouldnt bother with the cf set up (unless its something you want ) ,with netboot or the pi setup it covers exactly the same thing without the added nuisance of compact flash cards added in.

I'm sure you only need a 3.17 net dimm for netboot ..not sure for it to work with the pi but the firmware is updateable anyway.

There is a sega i/o as well that might be worth checking .I think it has to be powered separately or needs something else to run everything right.

naomi 1 /2 --make sure that you really want a naomi 2 ,not alot of extra games run on the 2 and its more expensive than the 1 ..(or maybe thats the other way around :think: )

the setup is fairly power hungry from what i remember with the capcom io , had to crank my power up to get the naomi to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I have 3/4 naomi 1 mobos all faulty if you fancy a challenge you might get 1 working from the lot

You got some responses on Arcade Otaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Thanks guys. Yeah the netdimm pi route is ultimately what I want to get to.

Think I have a Capcom io sorted.

Mobo and netdimm next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I have 3/4 naomi 1 mobos all faulty if you fancy a challenge you might get 1 working from the lot

Any netdimms included with that lot to pique my interest Mitch. Although I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge.

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/naomi-2-with-sega-cf-reader_topic358325_post999402.html#999402
    Up for sale is my working Naomi 2 CF card set-up as pictured. This was only removed because I broke the monitor like an idiot!

It will include 3 games on CF cards. Virtua Athlete, Beach Spikers and Virtua Striker 3

It's located in Bournemouth and I have been told they are quite fragile so pick-up is preferred although I could deliver within a sensible distance around bournemouth say 30 miles or so.

That said I can post it but please ask first.

As per the valuation thread: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/naomi-2-with-cf-reader_topic358253.html

I am asking ?300 +postage

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/fs-naomi-netdimm-setup-system-256-new-stv-tx3_topic358328_post999428.html#999428
    Sega Naomi 1 Netdimm Setup (Naomi 1 multibios, Netdimm 4.02, I/O, PSU, Audio) 250€

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Nope just motherboard, you can have for free just need them gone, or the get binned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

eddhorse wrote: »

You won't get a setup like that any cheaper. I have a Naomi cab, net dimm etc which I really need to do something with as its just gathering dust.

Best of luck picking everything up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement