Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATA Cables

Options
  • 28-05-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Do these cables have some sort of mythological stats in this country or something? You can walk into nearly any Electrical hardware store and buy a SSD no problem but I'm finding it nigh impossible to find the bloody cable to connect the thing. Why they arnt sold with the thing is beyond me. It's a joke I'm gonna have to drive to PC World for a 2 euro cable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

People usually get 10 with their motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Usually you get 2 with a basic motherboard which isn't fast going to be fair.

The best thing to do is buy a load on Ebay - you can get them them for about a euro a piece so it's handy to just buy a few and have them spare.

Maplin would sell them (probably at something like €10 per cable) but not sure if PC World would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

DX is very handy for stuff like this, FYI. I bought a rake of them a while back, threw them in a bag, never had to think twice about them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think I've about 600 of them in the attic tbh. Strange that I never accumulated this many IDE cables. This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone buying one. North Dublin here if you (or anyone else) wants one or two or 15.

Advertisement