Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-EU/EEA Marrying Irish Citizen - Stamp 4 confusion/questions

• 28-05-2017 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello.

I urgently need information about my situation.

I am a Venezuelan citizen (Male) married to my partner which is an Irish citizen (Female) since February 2017. When I enter the country under a marriage visa we had a date for our ceremony which then was postponed due to a family emergency. After we asked for a new date there wasn't anything available inside the time length of my visa but I couldn't leave ireland to apply for a new visa and return for.the ceremony as we couldn't afford it. So we went ahead with our ceremony with my visa out of date. Now I would like to apply for permission to reside in the country (stamp 4) or register with the garda as I am undocumented at the moment.

I would like any advise that you can give me related to my situation.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lamb233

get a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hello.

I urgently need information about my situation.

I am a Venezuelan citizen (Male) married to my partner which is an Irish citizen (Female) since February 2017. When I enter the country under a marriage visa we had a date for our ceremony which then was postponed due to a family emergency. After we asked for a new date there wasn't anything available inside the time length of my visa but I couldn't leave ireland to apply for a new visa and return for.the ceremony as we couldn't afford it. So we went ahead with our ceremony with my visa out of date. Now I would like to apply for permission to reside in the country (stamp 4) or register with the garda as I am undocumented at the moment.

I would like any advise that you can give me related to my situation.

Thank you.

You have to apply in writing to INIS with all supporting documentation (utility bills in both names at same address, photos of wedding and reception and relationship, flight tickets to see each other during relationship, marriage certificate and both birth certificates, both passports). It's all on their website www.inis.gov.ie

I'm on my phone now but if you can't find it let me know and I'll link it when I can get to a computer. I went through a similar process (myself Irish, husband non-EU).

Also, as you let your status lapse and are undocumented, you will remain undocumented (but allowed to stay but NOT work) until they decide your application which can take up to a year (ours took 9 months and 5 days).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Moved from the Weddings forum as unsuitable. Apologies if this isn't the right place for it either.

Advertisement