Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2017, Stage 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jaiire

Trish587 wrote: »
    No not a thing yet 🙈
    Ok so I'm not on my own, I rang them the other day and they said they'll be out from the 14th(I know it said it in the handbook was just double checking) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rachel1995

Jaiire wrote: »
    Ok so I'm not on my own, I rang them the other day and they said they'll be out from the 14th(I know it said it in the handbook was just double checking) :)

Still haven't heard anything either. I know they send all the results out at the same time whether successful or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

FROM the 14th; I wonder does that not necessarily mean ON the 14th? :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mags33

Guys,just saw on public jobs facebook page that due to a power outage in Dublin1 today,all assessments were cancelled.Maybe that is what is causing delay in emails going out?!

Mags33 wrote: »
    Guys,just saw on public jobs facebook page that due to a power outage in Dublin1 today,all assessments were cancelled.Maybe that is what is causing delay in emails going out?!

Kinda given up now on hearing anything before next week.

FROM the 14th; I wonder does that not necessarily mean ON the 14th? :-/
    Ye I kinda took it to mean the 14th on when she said from .....

Kinda given up now on hearing anything before next week.
    That could possibly be what the delay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RD871

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    So we wait till the 14th now is it?

What exactly happens then does anybody know?

Hey I done the aptitude tests online and I was supposed to hear on the 14th of July I heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

That could possibly be what the delay is?
    RD871 wrote: »
    Hey I done the aptitude tests online and I was supposed to hear on the 14th of July I heard nothing yet

Publicjobs posted on their facebook page that there was a blackout in the Dublin 1 area on the 14th, so I suppose that's the reason why we haven't received anything yet.

Right, so I guess the waiting game is about to start again tomorrow. Someone mentioned in this thread or the other one that results aren't usually out until late afternoon, but I guess really, considering the due date of the 14th has already been missed, they could come out any time tomorrow. If it's even going to be tomorrow.

Anyone planning on ringing them in the morning for an update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Comphack

I reckon it will be mid week by the time e-mails are sent out. Just have that feeling possibly wednesday or thursday.

According to their rough timeline stage 2 is just a little over two weeks. So they will have to get moving.

Third time lucky here. Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

Have they set a start date for the new recruits?
    I was under the impression that it was September but as its the middle of July and we haven't even done Stage 2 I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    Have they set a start date for the new recruits?
    I was under the impression that it was September but as its the middle of July and we haven't even done Stage 2 I can't see that happening.

Just to give you a small idea I have all my stages complete and passed and their is no guarantee I will make it in for the next intake which is November.

Some people are still waiting who applied in December 2015 because of vetting issues so I would recommend that you prepare yourself for a long wait and not put your life on hold. Depending on how you score on stage one tests a more realistic honest start date would be September 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

It's crazy how slow this whole process is. I went through the same process for the Met police and had my medical done within 6 months of applying online. They do test and interview all on the same day and you're back for a medical a couple of weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikec1992

Butter wrote: »
    Just to give you a small idea I have all my stages complete and passed and their is no guarantee I will make it in for the next intake which is November.

Some people are still waiting who applied in December 2015 because of vetting issues so I would recommend that you prepare yourself for a long wait and not put your life on hold. Depending on how you score on stage one tests a more realistic honest start date would be September 2018.

Its a strange way of selection, i have a Co-worker who applied in 2016 and is starting in templemore in 2 weeks on the 31st of July. His application process was really straight forward and organised compared to some others, but its probably down to the order of merit and these panels that they place people on.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Just got the below from the public jobs fb page. Another couple of days before results will be out.

Hi, due to an unexpected power outage in the Dublin 1 area on Friday, we were unable to get the Stage 1 results out as planned. The results should be sent out within the next couple of days. Apoligies for the inconvenience caused.

Well I just got my results and I've passed, got the email at 16.32.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyharper

So the results are in, i did top scores in verbal and logical, im actually very surprised at that!
    Failed the assessment questionnaire though.
    Seems i over prepared for logical and verbal and dismissed the questionnaire section. Next time will be my last chance before I get too old.
    I wish ye all the very best going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

So the results are in, i did top scores in verbal and logical, im actually very surprised at that!
    Seems i over prepared for logical and verbal and dismissed the questionnaire section. Next time will be my last chance before I get too old.

Sad to hear that.

Hopefully there'll be another campaign before the year is out.

• Advertisement

Keep your head up man and keep applying. This isn't my first time trying, what's meant to be, will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

I passed but didn't score in top 550 is it end of road for me or will I get a Dublin date??

traceyf933 wrote: »
    I passed but didn't score in top 550 is it end of road for me or will I get a Dublin date??

The first 550 will get an earlier interview. Your number will determine your interview date. The higher the number the longer the wait.

I'm the same got above what was asked but fell short of the 550, it says in the e mail I will be contacted? So am I right in thinking I will go to the next stage?

I'm the same got above what was asked but fell short of the 550, it says in the e mail I will be contacted? So am I right in thinking I will go to the next stage?

Yeah it's saying further candidates will be contacted shortly. I'm hearing alot of mixed things some saying all who placed will be called and some saying just a few? Can anyone clarify?

Yeah it's saying further candidates will be contacted shortly. I'm hearing alot of mixed things some saying all who placed will be called and some saying just a few? Can anyone clarify?
    This is confusing me also, can anyone give a clear answer please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Those outside the 550 rank will be called over time lads

Happened to me in the previous campaign I was in the 1100's

Think out of those 550 the people
    That won't bother going further etc etc

Keep the faith folks

Canyon86 wrote: »

Keep the faith folks

Ok so I just need to hold tight til I get a Dublin date? So many mixed responses since the results came out.

Keep the faith folks
    Thanks a mill for the feedback helps clear it up! Did you have long to wait? On average

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jessiejaysus

Keep the faith folks

Hiya, can I ask regarding this, are you now working in the Guards or are you still in the recruitment process? Also, can I ask, does anyone know how people are placed? I got really high scores on each assessment but ranked up into the 1000's. Would it be that I took my time doing it, knowing I had an allotted time, should I have completed it quicker - or may it be because I didn't complete until the day before the due date? 
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Yee will be called lads I was the same placed 1,500s or so in stage 1 back in Sep 2016 and thought that was it for me and didn't get to do stage 2 until Feb 2017 now all I have left is waiting on a physical date. Can be a bit disheartening but your still in it just a lot longer wait.

• Advertisement

Yee will be called lads I was the same placed 1,500s or so in stage 1 back in Sep 2016 and thought that was it for me and didn't get to do stage 2 until Feb 2017 now all I have left is waiting on a physical date. Can be a bit disheartening but your still in it just a lot longer wait.
    I passed Everything but got under 550, I'm place in the 2,000 is there any point holding on that I'll be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

I was placed in 1500 today and called public services they advised to be prepared for stage 2 in August that they will be working through the bands.

Wow congrats on getting so far! Glad to know so I will be called just a waiting game now...I think a lot less applied for this campaign than in 2016 September one so hopefully be called a bit sooner. Best of luck in your physical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

I passed Everything but got under 550, I'm place in the 2,000 is there any point holding on that I'll be called?
    Of course there is you'd be surprised the amount that drop off in each stage from failing,getting other jobs or even changing there mind so I really wouldn't worry about it it's just a number. They are going mad for guards atm and I was chatting a woman very high up in a busy station in Dublin and said to me as long as the funding is there she doesn't see a recruitment ban coming in any time soon. There plan is to increase the force significantly in the next few years.

Of course there is you'd be surprised the amount that drop off in each stage from failing,getting other jobs or even changing there mind so I really wouldn't worry about it it's just a number. They are going mad for guards atm and I was chatting a woman very high up in a busy station in Dublin and said to me as long as the funding is there she doesn't see a recruitment ban coming in any time soon. There plan is to increase the force significantly in the next few years.

Yeah I'm in the 1600s but from what I'm reading I'm confident I'll get a date!

I was placed in 1500 today and called public services they advised to be prepared for stage 2 in August that they will be working through the bands.

Oh wow that soon..I'm in the 1600 hopefully I be August too? It's good they are giving estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Does anyone know how the assessment questionnaire was graded? I did well there, but I'm curious to understand what the rules for marking it were

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brian00278

Any one who's over 550 you WILL be called, I did stage one for the Prison service last year and I was in the late 1200's, only 600 went ahead so I figured I was going no further and if you listen to people on Boards they will tell you will not go further but I was called for stage 2 a few months ago.

I passed that and I've my interview in mid August for the PS, I got in the low 300's for the Guards, delighted with myself!

550 seems like a lot but the amount of people who will fail stage 2 & 3 & 4 is huge.

All it means is you guys will wait a few months longer but use these months as an opportunity to practice the tests.

Ok so I just need to hold tight til I get a Dublin date? So many mixed responses since the results came out.

Yes sit tight and if you can get ready for stage 2 it could come faster than you think!

Hiya, can I ask regarding this, are you now working in the Guards or are you still in the recruitment process? Also, can I ask, does anyone know how people are placed? I got really high scores on each assessment but ranked up into the 1000's. Would it be that I took my time doing it, knowing I had an allotted time, should I have completed it quicker - or may it be because I didn't complete until the day before the due date? 
    Thanks!

Hi there!
    I'm in another campaign waiting for a PcT date!

I'm not sure about the assessment score now myself! Did the further information provide any help maybe? Good you passed tho :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for the feedback helps clear it up! Did you have long to wait? On average

No worries I was waiting a few months alright maybe 5 in total but it was no problem, just kept myself occupied with other things not to be thinking of it all the time !

Good luck with it ! Any more questions post away!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

PASSED.... I can not believe it, I was sure I failed the verbal reasoning test, I was placed high 700s, I don't mind the wait again I am just so happy that I am still in the competition. Well done to everyone else who have passed and for those who didn't, prepare and fight back even harder the next time.

Anyone know how many applied altogether?

Also, say if you actually ended up doing way better in the monitored tests than the online ones. Would they somehow see that as suspicious or hold it against you? I kinda rushed through the online ones and hadn't practiced them or researched them at all, so would imagine I might do much better in the real ones, if I get that far! :o (I'm in the 700s.)

Going by that Feedback table, I was well into the A category for both the Assessment Questionnaire and Verbal Reasoning, but in the C category for the Logical Reasoning. At least that's the one that should be most easy to improve with a bit of practice, hopefully!

Yeah I'm in the 1600s but from what I'm reading I'm confident I'll get a date!
    Thanks that gave me a little boost, so jus a waiting game now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Congrats for everyone who passed !!! Im late 600s myself so quite happy with that. Wishing the best to those who have just missed out on it in future campaigns. Still a very long way to go but very excited to see whats to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kevin2012

Hey guys, congrats on passing everyone! I got placed at 2300. Just wondering if no matter how high of a place you are will you eventually get a call down the line aslong as you passed the tests and if so how long of a wait should I be expecting? Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Also, say if you actually ended up doing way better in the monitored tests than the online ones. Would they somehow see that as suspicious or hold it against you? I kinda rushed through the online ones and hadn't practiced them or researched them at all, so would imagine I might do much better in the real ones, if I get that far! :o (I'm in the 700s.)

Going by that Feedback table, I was well into the A category for both the Assessment Questionnaire and Verbal Reasoning, but in the C category for the Logical Reasoning. At least that's the one that should be most easy to improve with a bit of practice, hopefully!

This is a concern for me i got placed 133 I'm going to have to do really God damn good or Itl be flagged as too much variance not much scope to.move unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

I've been trying to find out how many applied this time but I haven't had any luck. Congrats on passing stage 1!

I'm not sure what the criteria is for the monitored tests, how much better or worse you're allowed to do, but I hope they're not too strict because I placed in the top 15 and I honestly can't see a repeat of that.

Yep, practice definitely helps wonders. I had myself driven mad with those abstract reasoning tests and it really paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chloe92

Hi guys, I've passed to stage 2. Delighted. I have to ask though, how do you all know that your place number determine's your result's? We're people not randomly allocated a number? Pretty sure everyone who passed gets called to stage 2 at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Stage 2 dates are the 31st and 1st. I think the times are 9 11:30 and 2. You have to sit through a long ass presentation before the test begins IIRC

Advertisement