Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2017, Stage 1.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

mrDerek wrote: »
    Stage 2 dates are the 31st and 1st. I think the times are 9 11:30 and 2. You have to sit through a long ass presentation before the test begins IIRC

Mine is on August 4th, early in the morning

And, talking about this, I don't know if it's an improper question, but can I ask if someone on this thread lives in Dublin and is a couchsurfing host? I'm coming on the 2nd of August from the continent and it would be great to share the crucial days before the test with a fellow candidate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Oruam wrote: »
    Mine is on August 4th, early in the morning

And, talking about this, I don't know if it's an improper question, but can I ask if someone on this thread lives in Dublin and is a couchsurfing host? I'm coming on the 2nd of August from the continent, and it would be great to share the crucial days before the test with a fellow candidate (Plus, I bet that hostels are full in this period, and incredibly expensive :D )

awh i well would have gone for a later date she indicated it was only mon and tues

awh i well would have gone for a later date she indicated it was only mon and tues

No no, it's until Friday

Stage 2 dates are the 31st and 1st. I think the times are 9 11:30 and 2. You have to sit through a long ass presentation before the test begins IIRC

mrDerek, I get that you've already done it; so the whole thing will take around two hours and a half, am I right? (got to book the return flight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

mrDerek, I get that you've already done it; so the whole thing will take around two hours and a half, am I right? (got to book the return flight)

I'd say roughly that but don't take it as gospel I did the presentation in the first intake ago so they could have changed things up 3 rounds of tests all to tits it up at the interview 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Hiya, can I ask regarding this, are you now working in the Guards or are you still in the recruitment process? Also, can I ask, does anyone know how people are placed? I got really high scores on each assessment but ranked up into the 1000's. Would it be that I took my time doing it, knowing I had an allotted time, should I have completed it quicker - or may it be because I didn't complete until the day before the due date? 
    Thanks!

Hi. My friend applied in Jan '16 and was just outside of the first group brought forward for Stage 2 in March '16 however he got notified at the end of April '16 to attend the Assessment Centre for Stage 2. He started in Templemore in Feb '17. It wouldn't have mattered how fast/slow you completed it or when, your place is determined by your result against your peers. Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Anyone know how long the assessment takes? I've opted for the 8.30 slot on the Tuesday (1st August) slot in the hopes that I can get back to Galway city for work at 2.30

Anyone know how long the assessment takes? I've opted for the 8.30 slot on the Tuesday (1st August) slot in the hopes that I can get back to Galway city for work at 2.30

I know. The PAS operator told me that it takes 2 hours and a half for the tests, and then there is a presentation by the Gardai that should finish at 2pm, for those starting at 8:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I know. The PAS operator told me it take 2 hours and a half for the tests, and then there is a presentation by the Gardai that should finish at 2pm, for those starting at 8:30

Speaking from experience, the presentation isn't mandatory and attendance wasn't taken

Thanks for both responses. I know I can make it from the red cow luas stop to work in two hours so if the presentation is optional, I should be able to make it back in time, thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ellawr

I placed in the top 100 and have my test set for the Tuesday, so stressed because I felt like I had done terribly after I did the test! Felt like I'd chosen all the wrong answers and gave up on the second stage completely! Now I have no idea how I'm going to do that well in the second exam, I've been told there's a 10% allowance up or down. The odds of me getting the same score are surely terrible, I can't even remember the questions!

Ellawr wrote: »
    I placed in the top 100 and have my test set for the Tuesday, so stressed because I felt like I had done terribly after I did the test! Felt like I'd chosen all the wrong answers and gave up on the second stage completely! Now I have no idea how I'm going to do that well in the second exam, I've been told there's a 10% allowance up or down. The odds of me getting the same score are surely terrible, I can't even remember the questions!

Yeah, I understand you mate. I won't have time to practise again the reasoning tests, so I'm sure my score will be lower. Just hope not too much

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Got placed 1672 in stage 1 and got called for stage two today. It says the exam slots will begin on 17th of August. Does anyone know if they spread them out over a week or is it two to three days? Its just I have a college exam to sit on the 22nd and I'm going on holidays that same day and im worried I'll miss it :confused:

Got placed 1672 in stage 1 and got called for stage two today. It says the exam slots will begin on 17th of August. Does anyone know if they spread them out over a week or is it two to three days? Its just I have a college exam to sit on the 22nd and I'm going on holidays that same day and im worried I'll miss it :confused:

I took mine on Friday, so I suppose you can pick any day from Monday to Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

Did anyone else find the verbal and logic test a lot harder at Stage 2?

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the verbal and logic test a lot harder at Stage 2?

No, I think they were exactly the same difficulty

Same Oruam, think the in person test atmosphere makes them seem harder than doing them in your own comfort zone. I actually think a few of the reading comprehension (can't think of the right name) questions were at least the same passages of text if not questions

Same Oruam, think the in person test atmosphere makes them seem harder than doing them in your own comfort zone. I actually think a few of the reading comprehension (can't think of the right name) questions were at least the same passages of text if not questions

I agree. I thought the same during the verbal reasoning, but I'm not sure

Advertisement