Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Viking and Star Performer tyres - Galway / Mayo

Options
  • 28-05-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All

Does anyone know a tyre shop that does Viking or Star Performer car tyres in Counties Galway or Mayo?

Many thanks

Gringro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure but www.cloonbootyres.com should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gringro

Thanks Biko,

Francis at Cloonboo tyres is excellent, both price and service, I'll give him a call and see if he stocks either of these.

However, they are a rear brands,

So if anyone knows a tyre company that stocks these, please let me know

Do you mean rare brands?
    Either way, Francis should be able to order some.

Hi Biko,

Thank you, yes, as I said, I will call Cloonboo tyres. Thanks you again.

If the event that they cant supply them and to allow me to get a 2nd quote,

If anyone else knows a tyre supplier in Counties Mayo or Galway that supplies Viking or Star Performer tyres please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Gringro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Can I ask, why you are going to the trouble of looking for those particular brands.

There are plenty of other brands redably available ?

Genuine curiosity.

• Advertisement

If we look at www.tyrereviews.co.uk/tyre both brand have few reviews so doesn't seem to be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Performer better that synopsis of the product needed is...
    Star Performer company constantly develop its technological processes so that every driver could find a perfect equipment for his/her car. Star Performer tyres are durable products for which thanks to advanced computer simulations are famous of their extremely high safety level. The designers of the Star Performer tyres use to build their products many different tread patterns which provide the tyres with different performance. Explore the Star Performer brand with our offer of tyres from this producer.

From here. The one review doesn't inspire much confidence either...

Viking seem to be much better rated on oponeo

Not that I care what's bought mind you!

Hi mikeecho
    to answer your curiosity, I always bought top branded tyres, they cost a fair bit and generally worked well. 
    Some years ago, when I needed tyres, I got a recommendation from a good mechanic on a specific model of a "budget" tyre. 
    As per the comments above, this budget tyres were not popular, or inspiring, so I did some homework on just that specific model he recommend (not all models) of the budget tyre. 
    That specify tyre model scored very highly on testing and customer reviews on tyrereviews.co.uk and a couple of other sites. 
    To my surprise they performed slightly better than the top branded tyre they replaced. 
    I have repeated the formula a number of times since of finding a budget tyre model that are highly rated in both test and reviews and they have worked well. I am very fussy about my tyres and very sensitive to their performance and would switch back to top branded tyres if this had not worked out. For me, this has worked out well. But, its important to note, I did not shop by brand, I looked for the best rates tyres for my wheel size, then looked for them specific models, and spent the time to look at them in detail taking factors like wet weather grip, wear, road feedback, economy, noise etc into account.  
    However, I'm not here to talk about budget vs branded tyres. there is another thread on boards for that. Its just to answer mikeechos curiosity, 
    hope this helps

Advertisement