Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

netflix.

• 28-05-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia Smart tv. When I access Netflix, after a couple of seconds it reverts back to TV programs.

I have performed a factory reset on the TV and refreshed the internet content, all to no avail.

I have Virgin Media 240Mb Broadband, which is working fine.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

How are you accessing Netflix - by an external appliance like an Android box or an Apple TV, or are you using the Smart TV functionality?

If you're using an external box, you need to switch off the UPC box when watching Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mossie11

I am using Smart TV functionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't help you then I'm afraid, other than to check the s/w level is up to date.

For my money, Smart TV is a big con job on the general public involving lots of colourful logos on the box and promises that are seldom delivered in full. The manufacturer will quickly get tired of paying s/w developers to update the s/w on older models and you're much better off getting advanced functions from an external appliance like an Android box or Apple TV.

I have the same issue and while I can't find a proper fix I accidentally came across a work around (on my tv anyway).

When you load a tv show/movie immediately pause it, if you can pause it the second the video starts to play it won't crash and you can press play and the video will play away as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mossie11

Hi, thanks for the advice. hope this will do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Netflix works fine on my Sony Android TV.

Advertisement