Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do men bother approaching women anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

SGSM wrote: »
    Well that explains a lot. That seems to be an infringement on human rights so its not as straight forward as Japanese guys just not bothering with women. All should be equal as it should be everywhere in the world. Simple as.

they probably need an economic reset, like any ageing society the voters get what they want so there is probably a generational rape going on with the current generation being forced to subsidise the pension class and everyone else gets the crumbs. by 2030 there will be more 80 year olds than 25 year olds. that is kind of messed up and something will have to give.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

silverharp wrote: »
    they probably need an economic reset, like any ageing society the voters get what they want so there is probably a generational rape going on with the current generation being forced to subsidise the pension class and everyone else gets the crumbs. by 2030 there will be more 80 year olds than 25 year olds. that is kind of messed up and something will have to give.

Something will give. The problem will rectify itself a within a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Looks good, doesn't talk back, wont bleed you dry, doesn't cost much to maintain and, doesn't fart. What's not to like ? :pac:

The grip strength like a pitbull's bite?

Pac1Man wrote: »

if they got hacked...oh matron!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Pac1Man wrote: »

Still though, feel that wallet, not light is it ? :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah rejection is tough. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Open wallet surgery is even tougher :pac:

Open wallet surgery is even tougher :pac:
    Meh, I'd take future crap over current crap. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

The biggest problem with approaching a woman is simply that is not how it's done nowadays and it may catch them off guard or may make ya look too forward. No fault to the women, as there are so many horror stories nowadays about weirdos, they are right to be cautious. Until it becomes the norm the vast majority of fellas will struggle to get a positive reaction in that situation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Looks good, doesn't talk back, wont bleed you dry, doesn't cost much to maintain and, doesn't fart. What's not to like ? :pac:

The bit where you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror cleaning it out.

thats got to sting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Where is all this $hite going to end? What worries me is the sheer volume of lads who seem to have just given up and I'd say it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The cynic in me can see it getting to a point where lads will be encouraged to stay in their little apartment with a laptop and a blow-up doll and told it's perfectly normal to spend your days alone. Some group will hail this approach as a victory and point towards statistics showing the resulting reduction in violence against women as evidence for their claims.

How many M can GTOW before a serious shortage of men arises?
    It will never happen. These MGTOW are a small subset of the population and should not be viewed as anything that could someday cause a shortage of men going into relationships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I never got approached half as much when I was single as I do now when I have a boyfriend. I also notice I get approached more when I'm out with my boyfriend than I do when I'm with just the girls for the night. It could have something to do with just being relaxed and having a laugh rather than having my eyes on stalks for a hottie like I used to.
    It must be intimidating for a guy to approach a girl when she's surrounded by her friends.

mzungu wrote: »
    It will never happen. These MGTOW are a small subset of the population and should not be viewed as anything that could someday cause a shortage of men going into relationships.

its only an online label for possibly a small group of self identifying men. there are presumably more men that have not heard the term that have decided that marriage or having long term relationships is not for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno how genuine but it's very reflective of reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Still though, feel that wallet, not light is it ? :pac:

That's not my wallet Jim, just happy to see you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

silverharp wrote: »
    its only an online label for possibly a small group of self identifying men. there are presumably more men that have not heard the term that have decided that marriage or having long term relationships is not for them.
    Taking MGTOW out the equation, I see no issue with men not pursuing the marriage and 2.4 kids route if that is what makes them happy. An example of this would be the Irish bachelor. They made the decision to stay single for genuine personal reasons (above board), and not because of some conspiracy theory that women were out to get them (not above board). Those men have always existed, and I am sure there are no less, or more, of them now than at any other stage.

While marriage rates might be slightly down, does this account for cohabiting, or single but seeing somebody etc? Not to mention society has undergone a lot of changes the past few decades, people have more options now and there is much less pressure to "go forth and multiply". Relationships might have changed, and will change in future, but I do not see a point in the future where we will have a large amount of men picking the bachelor route.

Taking MGTOW out the equation, I see no issue with men not pursuing the marriage and 2.4 kids route if that is what makes them happy. An example of this would be the Irish bachelor. They made the decision to stay single for genuine personal reasons (above board), and not because of some conspiracy theory that women were out to get them (not above board). Those men have always existed, and I am sure there are no less, or more, of them now than at any other stage.

While marriage rates might be slightly down, does this account for cohabiting, or single but seeing somebody etc? Not to mention society has undergone a lot of changes the past few decades, people have more options now and there is much less pressure to "go forth and multiply". Relationships might have changed, and will change in future, but I do not see a point in the future where we will have a large amount of men picking the bachelor route.

I always think of the local bachelor farmers whenever this MGTOW thing is brought up. Living with their elderly mother and in the end, alone, and apparently content enough. I don't know if there's any sign that there are more of them than there used to be. I wouldn't have thought so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Was chatting up a girl last Saturday in a nightclub.i bought her a drink and as soon as she got it she fecked off ; ) met another girl outside a chipper got the snog off her but she had a bf and fecked off in a taxi : )went on a date Sunday. I met the girl online was chatting to her all last week and going on another date this week ; )

Have fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't blame online dating or apps or men lacking confidence. I blame women like Louise O'Neill from stopping men approaching women.

• Advertisement

I always think of the local bachelor farmers whenever this MGTOW thing is brought up. Living with their elderly mother and in the end, alone, and apparently content enough. I don't know if there's any sign that there are more of them than there used to be. I wouldn't have thought so.
    Aye, as a percentage of the population, I doubt the amount of bachelors will ever fluctuate that dramatically. Even back in 1914, there was newspaper articles looking at the living arrangement of bachelors in Ireland (27.3% of the male population aged between 25 and 55 IIRC) and what was causing them to not get into relationships. Back then, some were staying at home to look after the farm and would barely reach any kind of financial independence until middle age. I have no idea how many bachelors are around now, but it would be a hell of a lot less then 27.3% of the 25-55 age group back in 1914. We got through that era no bother, I'm sure whatever the future has in store can't be all that tough. Plus, bachelors now have tonnes more options than back then, so I would wager most (sans the MGTOW crowd) are happy with their decision.

the "Irish bachelor" seemed to be a product of rural factors. Things have changed socially in countries like the US UK etc. I could well see it that more men see marriage as risky so yeah while not quite the mgtow thing it would overlap and still be a reservation about marriage and kids given the perception of family and divorce courts being very cold places for men. Or just pure economics where more men don't bother chasing careers and are satisfied with low end jobs which would tend to leave them as not "marriage material" essentially being a watered down version of what is happening in Japan.

Have these men not heard of a pre-nup?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Have these men not heard of a pre-nup?
    Not legally binding in Ireland and even when recognised by laws in other states, all too easily contested.
    I don't blame online dating or apps or men lacking confidence. I blame women like Louise O'Neill from stopping men approaching women.
    I don't. Some whinging media harpy with a few column inches in a local rag is putting off men? If so, they need to sack the hell up IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And even if it did, so what? It's not as if we're running out of people. The population worldwide is climbing at a crazy rate.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Louise O'Neill?
    If I wasn't a decrepit, broken wreck of a man, I'd try and tap that.
    What the hell is wrong with men?

Could it look any more staged and scripted? :)

But even if it were real - the scientist in my would fault it. No control group. No methodology. A sample set of 1. And too many variables that fail the correlation-causation divide in the narrative.

For example she also found out in the dialogue that his condition was temporary not permanent. So one could _also_ put this video up and replace the "golddigger" narrative with a "handicap-ism" one and suggest she only wanted to date him once she realised he was not wheelchair bound forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

I know lads in their mid twenties that are saying they don't plan on getting married and for some I feel they also mean relationships. These are decent looking, sound lads but they just don't want to settle down with a woman. They much prefer one night stands.

Louise O'Neill?
    If I wasn't a decrepit, broken wreck of a man, I'd try and tap that.
    What the hell is wrong with men?

If a guy approached her on a night out there's a good chance, they'd end up reading about how inappropriate they were the following Sunday in the paper or she'd include you in one of her documentaries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

I know lads in their mid twenties that are saying they don't plan on getting married and for some I feel they also mean relationships. These are decent looking, sound lads but they just don't want to settle down with a woman. They much prefer one night but stands.

double T ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

If a guy approached her on a night out there's a good chance, they'd end up about for inappropriate they were the following Sunday in the paper or she'd include you in one of her documentaries!

I'd either get me hole, or be immortalised as another fallen soldier, carried from the field of battle on his shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Taking MGTOW out the equation, I see no issue with men not pursuing the marriage and 2.4 kids route ........... .

Cheer yourself up by watching your wedding video in reverse. You’ll love the bit where you get back the ring, reverse down the the aisle, get back into the car and **** off.

Wibbs wrote: »

I don't. Some whinging media harpy with a few column inches in a local rag is putting off men? If so, they need to sack the hell up IMHO.

That's just how I think some guys feel there often get told their inappropriate or creepy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I know lads in their mid twenties that are saying they don't plan on getting married and for some I feel they also mean relationships. These are decent looking, sound lads but they just don't want to settle down with a woman. They much prefer one night stands.

Very young to be happening,from my own observations it's usually around the mid thirties mark that the magic pixie dust falls away from the eyes..

That's just how I think some guys feel there often get told their inappropriate or creepy!
    The "trick" IMHO could be reduced to three letters; DGAF, with a large dollop of not being a dick. Basically don't be so outcome dependent. Don't care so much about any single encounter. If it goes well, that's cool, if it doesn't, no loss.

Don't focus on one woman. Too many guys do this. Women are not rare, neither are sound women. They make up 50% of the world's population, so it's not exactly a lack of numbers.

Go romantic early on and make yourself clear about this. Don't try to be a woman's friend if you really want more. It's dishonest(women tend to sniff this out) and rarely works. The word "Girlfriend"; that's the order you want to go for if you're looking for romance.

Improve yourself. Get a haircut, dress better for you and your frame. You don't wanna go full hipster or fashionista mind you. Classic casual sorta thing. Improve your life outside of women. Join in, travel when you can. Look at life in a different more independent way and so forth. Don't do it to attract women(they sniff this out too), do it to make you better for yourself.
    Kinda understandable. For some anyway. If they can get away with mini relationships rather than the longterm stuff, then more power to them. So long as they don't screw women around promising them more. Especially in their twenties.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    Eastern European women on the other hand have a total disdain for Irish men and I find it quite rude.

My experience says the exact opposite. So would many of my friends who now have Eastern European wives and girlfriends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was chatting up a girl last Saturday in a nightclub.i bought her a drink and as soon as she got it she fecked off ; ) met another girl outside a chipper got the snog off her but she had a bf and fecked off in a taxi : )went on a date Sunday. I met the girl online was chatting to her all last week and going on another date this week ; )

So aim low is what you are saying. Girl who had bf snogs you, what a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That woman seems pretty aggressive to guys. I don't mean to seem oppositional or anything but is it possible that is just a way to make money? That is their goal? It just seems like some weird alternative reality And a woman saying it doesn't make it morally ok ...or less damaging

Maybe, and I understand your point of view. I think there is an element of aggression, but that maybe how she speaks. I dunno.
    But the people who fully act on the aggressive element-yeah, they're gonna get brushed aside. Guaranteed women will tell em to get lost.
    At least from my own experiences, I've seen aggressive jerks quickly told to get lost-or genuinely asked 'are you mentally handicapped?'. (Okay, the latter was asked to people I know, and this lady was asking them about somebody we knew. He was known to be a total jerk with ladies-even to his female friends, or saying he made out or had one night stands with girls who wouldn't even look at him. Yeah, that sort of jerk).
    Samaris wrote: »
    Oh, I agree, the vast majority of guys, including guys who just want some advice from the PUA side are not at all dangerous and you sound like a completely normal, stable person, Rabble! And there's no harm in getting advice in What The Other Sex Wants (although anyone making blanket claims that This Works or All Men/Women Want X is probably lying).

Just there's an element of almost radicalisation amongst the nastier elements of PUAistry. Feeding on the weak or easily manipulated (which is by no means all involved, but the more RedPillish lot), enforcing beliefs of entitlement and superiority. That sort of mindset, when driven by hate and contempt, including self-hate, leads to tragedies.

Yeah, well, I try to be-I'm open about my issues, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. Also looking for a job atm, so if anyone has one going, I'd appreciate it. :D:D:D
    The radicalisation is seriously disturbing-It's very much reverse third waver feminism, i.e ignore what she says, you're entitled. While the third wavers would put men in camps to be rented out like books (Google Julie Bindel-that's what she'd like to do, and she gets a platform to say such crud too often).
    Many of those who help women and men on the dating scene would tell the RSD guys to go to therapy. They are disturbed, to say the least. (Would you believe one of the RSD folks has a little girl, roughly 5 years old? Wonder would he be so free to coach guys to date her if she was 18).
    Samaris wrote: »
    Sorry, to clear up confusion; I was responding to both your post and RabbleRouser's. Reckoned he sounded stable and normal (although I shouldnt presume, he might have severed heads under the bed! :P)
    You say severed heads under the bed-I say a neat conversation starter that shows I like to treasure my friends. :p:p:p

Yeah, as I mentioned before, the guys who do the self hate thing, take it out on other people-they're politely told to get lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It's when you don't have the usual instinct to avoid them that - in my case it's the opposite- you need to exercise extra caution, I suppose.

Think about how poor Elaine O'Hara found herself caught up with that creature. There is an incredible pull for some people.

Great points. Why does Boards always come alive when I'm jaded :D

As you know I'm sort of in that category myself and of course the whole thing is only skin deep. Leaving aside the pretentious knobs who delude themselves into thinking they're truly unique, most of the kind of girls you describe that I know are very down to Earth. Some are a bit shy and I don't think it was ever their intention to appear hard. Some are a bit prickly but again that's just a defensive thing. One of my closest friends is ultra-goth but deeply traditional. She loves animals, cares deeply for her family and especially her grandfather, and the idea of a threesome really upset her. She has a tough streak but nobody is going to know it unless they seriously cross her or her friends!

Some men find it scary but I suspect they are little s**s who tend to treat women badly and are nervous of one who looks like she wouldn't tolerate that.

Yeah, O'Hara was an exceptional case, tbh. She'd had a history of mental health problems, had been in and out of care for a good deal of her life, and had been greatly taken advantage of. Most of us, even those of us who've gone through mental illness, would know that O'Hara was a rare case. It's sadly been shown that if your foundations in the beginning of life were difficult (as were hers) then it can affect your later relationships. It's often seen in individuals where one parent was abusive, they find it difficult later on in life (Halle Berry is a good example, tbh. Her dad was violent with her mom, then abandoned the family. Berry's relationships have been rather fraught with bad choices, to say the least-including the violent boyfriend or two).
    O'Hara was a tragic figure-never found happiness in her brief life.

You and me both sister-I'm always the last one to the party, end up getting solo drunk on a naggin and a few cans. :)

Oh yeah-this girl was really down to earth-as are many I've met-Goth chicks I mean. (Some rather b!tchy and pretentious girls I knew grew to dislike her tho-the Italian lass I mean-in the space of two weeks it went from 'BFFs' to 'never talking to her again' and they never did either. She even did part-time modelling, acting and cosplay, had a great sense of humour too).
    Like, I like ladies with a tough streak-but I hate, HATE, people who are overly smiley-like, you know they are gonna stab you in the back. Always. So I'm wary or stay away from em. If a girl is like that, I have zero interest.
    The Goth chicks can be shy, or they can be tough, but I don't mind that-like I said, it is a shell or a mask they put up. And often I like working to understand the mask. And yeah, mostly traditional.
    And I don't mess around on people-it's from growing up as a kid and seeing how it was frowned upon. My parents just held traditional values-as in if you're dating someone, you treat them with respect. Plus I saw the effect it had on friends of mine when they found out their girlfriends were two-timing em.
    Wait--Threesomes--I never brought that up but I like where this is going...carry on-more details pls. ;)

I'm seeing more women choosing this route, in their late teens and 20s, so it's not just a guy thing. They don't want kids either.
    I can remember, from as early as a child, not wanting kids-like, I can hold a baby and look after it, but I don't want one of my own-I'm happy to give it back. :D
    Also, I helped looked after a few ill family members in my time-and the toll it took (Even with others helping) just cemented my views. People tell me 'Oh, you'll love them cos their your own' but I can't tolerate anyones kids, and definitely not my own.

Consider yourself lucky you didn't get a punch, or dodged a bullet. The second girl would enforce the MGTOW movement if ever anything would. She sounds like the type of person to cheat on the boyfriend, get pregnant with the other guys kid, then tell the boyfriend the child was his.
    I just don't tolerate cheaters-it's a horrible thing to do to someone.

Yeah, O'Hara was an exceptional case, tbh. She'd had a history of mental health problems, had been in and out of care for a good deal of her life, and had been greatly taken advantage of. Most of us, even those of us who've gone through mental illness, would know that O'Hara was a rare case. It's sadly been shown that if your foundations in the beginning of life were difficult (as were hers) then it can affect your later relationships. It's often seen in individuals where one parent was abusive, they find it difficult later on in life (Halle Berry is a good example, tbh. Her dad was violent with her mom, then abandoned the family. Berry's relationships have been rather fraught with bad choices, to say the least-including the violent boyfriend or two).
    O'Hara was a tragic figure-never found happiness in her brief life.

You and me both sister-I'm always the last one to the party, end up getting solo drunk on a naggin and a few cans. :)

Oh yeah-this girl was really down to earth-as are many I've met-Goth chicks I mean. (Some rather b!tchy and pretentious girls I knew grew to dislike her tho-the Italian lass I mean-in the space of two weeks it went from 'BFFs' to 'never talking to her again' and they never did either. She even did part-time modelling, acting and cosplay, had a great sense of humour too).
    Like, I like ladies with a tough streak-but I hate, HATE, people who are overly smiley-like, you know they are gonna stab you in the back. Always. So I'm wary or stay away from em. If a girl is like that, I have zero interest.
    The Goth chicks can be shy, or they can be tough, but I don't mind that-like I said, it is a shell or a mask they put up. And often I like working to understand the mask. And yeah, mostly traditional.
    And I don't mess around on people-it's from growing up as a kid and seeing how it was frowned upon. My parents just held traditional values-as in if you're dating someone, you treat them with respect. Plus I saw the effect it had on friends of mine when they found out their girlfriends were two-timing em.
    Wait--Threesomes--I never brought that up but I like where this is going...carry on-more details pls. ;)

You're right, and the lady was obviously vulnerable when she met him, and he was a predator and homed in on that. At the same time, all the women in the kind of 'community' he was involved in online would have been potentially vulnerable, to a lesser extent. The main difference is probably that they had more of a guard up and they might be less inclined to forming a dependency. So while it might be true that most people are not dangerous, those who are attracted to men with a dark streak and mix in those circles, are already in a riskier position when it comes to potentially mixing with predatory types. I think there's a higher chance of the dangerous ones being drawn to that 'scene' in the first place. (And there are distinctly dodgy women in those circles too, in my opinion. People generally know who to steer clear of, but newcomers might not be so discerning, and I know two men who are unabashedly willing to put up with ''anything'' to keep such, let's say ''dangerous'' women in their lives.)
    And there are more ordinary people involved in these scenes than people think.
    I stay out of it, mainly because of the ridiculous personalities rather than the danger.

The goth girl who was frozen out by the other women...were they also a bit goth or were they ordinary women? That's sad, but not unusual :(

Also, you previously mentioned a friend saying that goth girl's looks were down to makeup...I have noticed that ordinary makeup is designed to look subtle, but can involve a lot of products and lots of layers, but I'd wear dark black eyeliner and possibly lipstick, and because it's bold, I probably look like I'm wearing more than someone with all the products and layers. I think a lot of ordinary peoples' looks are all makeup.

I think on the subject of children, it's a good thing some people recognise that they don't want to have them rather than going ahead for the sake of it. I'm convinced many people have them purely because they think it's expected of them.

• Advertisement

The "trick" IMHO could be reduced to three letters; DGAF, with a large dollop of not being a dick. Basically don't be so outcome dependent. Don't care so much about any single encounter. If it goes well, that's cool, if it doesn't, no loss.

Don't focus on one woman. Too many guys do this. Women are not rare, neither are sound women. They make up 50% of the world's population, so it's not exactly a lack of numbers.

Go romantic early on and make yourself clear about this. Don't try to be a woman's friend if you really want more. It's dishonest(women tend to sniff this out) and rarely works. The word "Girlfriend"; that's the order you want to go for if you're looking for romance.

Improve yourself. Get a haircut, dress better for you and your frame. You don't wanna go full hipster or fashionista mind you. Classic casual sorta thing. Improve your life outside of women. Join in, travel when you can. Look at life in a different more independent way and so forth. Don't do it to attract women(they sniff this out too), do it to make you better for yourself.
    Jaysus, that's awful similar to lot of red pill stuff. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Scripted as fcuk I'd say

That ''Goldigger'' thing is daft in some many ways. Anyone watching it needs to employ some critical thinking.

Jaysus, that's awful similar to lot of red pill stuff. :pac:
    Yep, it is. That's how those kinda "philosophies" operate. Take a kernel of truth that is demonstrable and pretty obvious, then when people buy into that, pile on layers of bullsh1t on top and they're more likely to swallow the bullsh1t. Bait and switch. The PUA guys do it, as do the red pill, hell the media feminists do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

So you weren't serious.

I still want to know what's wrong with that.

Whats wrong with that?  This encourages young lads to be violent and nasty knowing it attracts women like you.  Look how many babys, toddlers, elderly etc get killed/mauled by pitbulls and other dangerous dogs, these people have these dogs to try to think they are tough etc

That ''Goldigger'' thing is daft in some many ways. Anyone watching it needs to employ some critical thinking.
    Most men dont have much money nowadays anyway.  I had a woman ditch me, then she wanted me back when i showed her my bank balance lol

Yep, it is. That's how those kinda "philosophies" operate. Take a kernel of truth that is demonstrable and pretty obvious, then when people buy into that, pile on layers of bullsh1t on top and they're more likely to swallow the bullsh1t. Bait and switch. The PUA guys do it, as do the red pill, hell the media feminists do it.

at least it operates in the "marketplace of ideas" so you can come to your own conclusions and look at it sceptically. The feminists have whole university departments backing them up and not much in the way of debate within their circles. Men tend to be a lot more critical of each other so you tend to have a lot of disagreement between the mgtow at one end and the traditionalists at the other.
    Ill get worried when you have men's studies departments being set up handing out degrees in pick up artistry :D

tiger55 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with that?  This encourages young lads to be violent and nasty knowing it attracts women like you.  Look how many babys, toddlers, elderly etc get killed/mauled by pitbulls and other dangerous dogs, these people have these dogs to try to think they are tough etc

Well at least you answered the question.
    They would be very silly to think that and they'd be wasting their time, when there are probably more women who would run away from someone who behaved badly, than run in their direction.
    I wasn't able to clarify what I meant but I can assure you that's not the kind of thing I like.

What about dangerous women. Is there a market for them?
    How many love letters from men do you think this evil woman gets?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/women-jailed-for-child-abuse-at-day-nursery-1841972.html

If this creature was a man then he would be flooded with love letters from sick women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

tiger55 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with that? This encourages young lads to be violent and nasty knowing it attracts women like you. Look how many babys, toddlers, elderly etc get killed/mauled by pitbulls and other dangerous dogs, these people have these dogs to try to think they are tough etc

The dogs are being blamed now?

Death by dog is a relatively unusual over here. I don't think anyone would get a particular type of dog just to impress a woman. It's simply too much trouble. You have to feed it every day, take it for walks, bring to the vet, listen to the complaints from the neighbours.

I don't think there's any fella who says "Chroisht, I cant find meself a woman.. I know what I'll do, I'll get a dog. Not just any oul dog mind you, I'll get a bad tempered one I constantly have to watch and make sure he's not atin' any childeren"

• Advertisement
Advertisement