Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Giro d'Italia Stage 22

Options
  • 28-05-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

It's going right down to the wire. Tom Dumoulin is back in pink after the TT but can he hold on? Expect fireworks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I think Quintana will ultimately realise he has to go all in on this final mountain finish, and at last put his rivals to the sword, eschewing his up to now defensive riding in an all out bid for victory......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Agreed. It's now or never.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

This is quite possibly the most difficult stage of the lot. After three hard weeks of racing, will anyone be willing, nay, will anyone be able to show up? Energy levels must be really low after that timetrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

GREAT!

Something to look forward - and there was I thinking there wouldn't be any of my Giro fix on the telly tomorrow

cant wait - well, maybe I'll have to wait 11.5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I reckon Tom Depoolin can hang onto the jersey for a while yet.
    Till next May anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

pelevin wrote: »
    It's going right down to the wire. Tom Dumoulin is back in pink after the TT but can he hold on? Expect fireworks.

"Quintana going all in"

Is this a night stage? :D

Quintana to show up at Criterium next Sunday uninvited and fresh as a daisy to upset the Sky Train and mess up Froome's Tour prep and spoil his 3 in a row :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Eurosport have tweeted (and deleted) to say Carlton Kirby will be back on commentary duties for tomorrow's stage.

Quick! Cancel it! CANCEL IT!

Eurosport have tweeted (and deleted) to say Carlton Kirby will be back on commentary duties for tomorrow's stage.

Quick! Cancel it! CANCEL IT!

:D So thats why a year sub is half price right now. FFs cancel cancel

This is quite possibly the most difficult stage of the lot. After three hard weeks of racing, will anyone be willing, nay, will anyone be able to show up? Energy levels must be really low after that timetrial.

Possibly Dumoulin is going on the pi$$ tonight which definitely could come back to haunt him tomorrow. A real rookie's error if true.

• Advertisement

Possibly Dumoulin is going on the pi$$ tonight which definitely could come back to haunt him tomorrow. A real rookie's error if true.

I hear sunweb raided the nearest oldfolks home for man nappies ;)

I hear sunweb raided the nearest oldfolks home for man nappies ;)

I take it back so. Sounds like they know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think today is the day that Dan Martin will finally put his hand up and show us what he's got. He's done sweet f**k all in this Giro so far.

Geraint Thomas has been allowed back in and has been awarded the same overall gc time as Dumoulin. All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Has the stage started? I'm stuck in work. Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

There is a big breakaway group gone up the road already. They escaped while half the peloton stopped at a Milan nightclub

flatface wrote: »

Movistar and Bahrain attacked before the start, from the Neutral Zone, while Tom was in a portacabin having a dump. They currently have a 4 minute lead on the road and chaos has ensued in the chase with all the other big teams also caught out.

Movistar seem to be claiming their radios aren't working properly, whilst Nibali seems to be telling Tom this is Karma.

Still 192km to go with 3 categorised climbs back to back in the last 50km. Sunweb's Kelderman on the front, along with Geraint Thomas, both having recovered from their injuries and having rejoined the race for the final stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

flatface wrote: »

Yeah - 192 riders in the break but Sky have missed it. Eurosport seem to have missed it also - they are already concentrating on the Dauphine, running ads every 10 minutes, alongside that jewish girl in the red bikini. I think ITV have riders up the road thankfully. Phil Liggett is riding tempo on the front for the LeakyGas Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Simon Geschke was live tweeting or facebooking live or something like that, live updates from the bike on the stage earlier today

https://twitter.com/simongeschke/status/869171444680462336

....some man.

Geraint Thomas is the 2017 Giro d'Italia winner.

• Advertisement

Geraint Thomas is the 2017 Giro d'Italia winner.

Congrats to Geraint!

oFqzMjV.jpg

I'd give that more than one thumbs-up if I could. And seeing as I've two hands, that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Yeah - 192 riders in the break but Sky have missed it. Eurosport seem to have missed it also - they are already concentrating on the Dauphine, running ads every 10 minutes, alongside that jewish girl in the red bikini. I think ITV have riders up the road thankfully. Phil Liggett is riding tempo on the front for the LeakyGas Team.

Sure for the craic ;)

Advertisement