Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankermann experience

Options
  • 29-05-2017 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello. I am planning to buy a gaming computer for game like Witcher 3. I limited myself to make the best computer (read TOWER) under 800€ and 200-300€ for monitor.
    I found offer from Ankermann.

Baratilyo Angebot 2 i5-7500 GTX 100 8GB 1TB Win10 Pro

They seem to have good reputation so my question is, Did anyone buy from them this year?

Is it worth taking the risk?

Company is from Germany. I live in Ireland, and prices have 19% VAT.

Is the same price for Ireland when I exchange it for 23% VAT? Or do any other rules apply?

How long does it take to deliver to IE?

I would appreciate any reply here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This? https://www.ankermann.com/en/Offers/Baratilyo-Angebot-2-i5-7500-GTX-1060-8GB-1TB-Win10-Pro~~95159.html

Insist the GFX card doesn't come installed; a few bangs, and it may damage itself and the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 savvym

the_syco wrote: »
    This?
    Insist the GFX card doesn't come installed; a few bangs, and it may damage itself and the motherboard.

Yes. I could not add link. I get it, GPU is most expensive part of PC but is it the only part so fragile? Any personal experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

savvym wrote: »
    Yes. I could not add link. I get it, GPU is most expensive part of PC but is it the only part so fragile? Any personal experience?

The risk is the GPUs weight and length, if the courier is rough it can break off the PCIE slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ED E wrote: »
    The risk is the GPUs weight and length, if the courier is rough it can break off the PCIE slot.

That rarely happens but what is quite possible is the GPU actually working its way out of the slot entirely and moving around the case, potentially damaging the card and motherboard.

Some places put memory foam inside the case when shipping for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

I bought from them maybe 3 years ago. I think delivery was around 2 weeks.
    Computer came completely assembled even though I only ordered all the parts.

Very very happy with the experience!

• Advertisement
Advertisement