Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Halting Site in Johnstown

Options
  • 29-05-2017 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

I was looking at houses in Johnstown/Kill area as I was thinking of renting there. What is the story with the halting site down by the N7, is that a permanent fixture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

just since last week, same group that were up on the monread rd a while back
    hopefully they dont last too long there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Where is it?

Sick of them there every summer ...just keep moving around ...put bollards up to stop them last summer behind the Service station at kill

anewme wrote: »
    Sick of them there every summer ...just keep moving around ...put bollards up to stop them last summer behind the Service station at kill

think the NRA or similar own that land so might take a while to get them out of there

• Advertisement

micks wrote: »
    think the NRA or similar own that land so might take a while to get them out of there

Coming into naas yesterday they had a fire lit and it was sending smoke across the road.

They had also thrown loads of debris over the fence onto the road.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Is that at the roundabout by the ball?

In the small area in front of old cement factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

They've moved from there now to a field beside the tile shop in johnstown.Theres another group of them at the back of Kill across from the old cement factory , a group at five lanes end on blessington road and I noticed two caravans on the footpath on the new road from punchestown to kilcullen road...Naas must be a nice spot for their summer hols

Unmarked Garda car there when I went past last night.
    Now they've moved back to cement factory entrance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Passed by there again this morning and it's full of rubbish with two giant piece of concrete in front of the gates to the field.

That ring road around Naas has more perimeter defences than the beaches of Normandy before the D-Day landings.

beachobstacleshedges-vi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

such racism in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

AnneFrank wrote: »

Would you move in to an area where every summer, ANYBODY (not just Travellers) pulled up a whole load of vans, parked illegally and dumped all their rubbish in the area? What's racist about not wanting your area treated like a tip site.

Go back to your attic

Could not even go for a walk around Kill last Summer, the cycle paths were destroyed with rubbish everywhere and caravans parked up on the cycle path, with dogs tearing the backside out of anyone going past. Delighted the bollards put up.

I pay property tax to the Council to keep my area clean, sick of this plague every summer, its not acceptable.

Its not racism.

They should be fined for littering. The rest of us would get a 150 fine if we as much as dropped an apple butt on the road. Is that not racism against settled people.

Go back to your attic

Original, put your finger back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Sick of them there every summer ...just keep moving around ...

They tend to do that in fairness :)

They should be fined for littering. The rest of us would get a 150 fine if we as much as dropped an apple butt on the road..

Exactly , why do travellers get away with things that settled people can't?If I went to camp in a tent on the roundabout near the ball you could bet I would be moved on very quickly , why can travellers stay for weeks or months where ever they feel like ?There must be some reason they cannot be moved by Garda otherwise surely they would be.

scwazrh wrote: »
    Exactly , why do travellers get away with things that settled people can't?If I went to camp in a tent on the roundabout near the ball you could bet I would be moved on very quickly , why can travellers stay for weeks or months where ever they feel like ?There must be some reason they cannot be moved by Garda otherwise surely they would be.

Probably for the same reason that they get away without the same tax burden that the rest of us do.
    Because they're a protected species in Irish society.

You only have to go back a few posts to see the auld "racism" card get played.
    That's one of the main problems nowadays.

If I go around littering the place and dodging tax then there's nobody going to save me with a racism card.

Protected species.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That ring road around Naas has more perimeter defences than the beaches of Normandy before the D-Day landings.
    They'd have a field day with all that scrap metal! :pac:
    Its not racism.

They should be fined for littering. The rest of us would get a 150 fine if we as much as dropped an apple butt on the road. Is that not racism against settled people.
    With the recent ruling, making them so far above the law that they are untouchable, I'd wonder if the Gardai will steer clear?

the_syco wrote: »
    They'd have a field day with all that scrap metal! :pac:

With the recent ruling, making them so far above the law that they are untouchable, I'd wonder if the Gardai will steer clear?

Well I for one will torment my local councillors on this.

Do the rest of us not have any rights?

Taxpayers money which we pay and should be used for positive amenities for the Kildare area such as playgrounds and parks and landscaping is diverted to clean up the mess they leave.

What's fair about that?

How is not wanting to live in a filthy tip racist. Saw the state of the place earlier. It's a joke. Some people have zero common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do the rest of us not have any rights?
    Hell no. You only have the right to pay taxes so they don't have to...
    Taxpayers money which we pay and should be used for positive amenities for the Kildare area such as playgrounds and parks and landscaping is diverted to clean up the mess they leave.
    Bollards, bollards everywhere. They look nice, and they help keep the unwanted at bay.

the_syco wrote: »
    Hell no. You only have the right to pay taxes so they don't have to...

Bollards, bollards everywhere. They look nice, and they help keep the unwanted at bay.

Load of bollards all along behind the topaz At exit 7. They stretch all almost the way down to exit 6. Put there after cleaning up for probably the 10th time.

Probably for the same reason that they get away without the same tax burden that the rest of us do.
    Because they're a protected species in Irish society.

You only have to go back a few posts to see the auld "racism" card get played.
    That's one of the main problems nowadays.

If I go around littering the place and dodging tax then there's nobody going to save me with a racism card.

Protected species.
    You are the same species

You are the same species

No, you just don't get it.

We just want to live in a normal working class area.

I work so fckn hard every week to pay my mortgage so I can be proud of what I achieved and respect my surroundings but yet some people contribute nothing but think they can just discard their rubbish, that someone else will clean up after them, that someone else WILL PAY to clean up after them, after their discarded plastic and crap filled children's nappies that they dump on the side of the road with no respect for anyone or anything .

They have no respect for the environment, this planet or the people who work from arsehole to breakfast to provide a future for themselves.

I really don't understand people like you who just make excuses for these people who have no respect for anyone else and just take take take without contributing anything back. Drive down there and look at the rubbish.

It's not ok.

It's not fair.

stop making excuses and get real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

You are the same species

Another worthwhile contribution to the thread from you, no wonder you ended up locked in the attic.

Me, I don't live in Naas, but work there. And they are a Fukien menace to society, nearly every day have to shadow them around the place to stop them stealing. No matter how much video footage or photos or registration plates you get, gardai can do **** all.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

No, you just don't get it.

We just want to live in a normal working class area.

I work so fckn hard every week to pay my mortgage so I can be proud of what I achieved and respect my surroundings but yet some people contribute nothing but think they can just discard their rubbish, that someone else will clean up after them, that someone else WILL PAY to clean up after them, after their discarded plastic and crap filled children's nappies that they dump on the side of the road with no respect for anyone or anything .

They have no respect for the environment, this planet or the people who work from arsehole to breakfast to provide a future for themselves.

I really don't understand people like you who just make excuses for these people who have no respect for anyone else and just take take take without contributing anything back. Drive down there and look at the rubbish.

It's not ok.

It's not fair.

stop making excuses and get real

People like me, interesting. Also, I haven't made excuses for anyone. Perhaps you should try calm down a little.

People like me, interesting. Also, I haven't made excuses for anyone. Perhaps you should try calm down a little.

Yes you have. Constant excuses.

Perhaps you should open your eyes. The reality is there in front of you.

drive down by the ball in Naas and see what tax payers of Johnstown are currently puting up with.

It's not acceptable. It's not excusable.

Yes you have. Constant excuses.

Perhaps you should open your eyes. The reality is there in front of you.

drive down by the ball in Naas and see what tax payers of Johnstown are currently puting up with.

It's not acceptable. It's not excusable.

Where have I made one excuse?

You are the same species

well that's funny because the same rules don't apply.

Why is that?

• Advertisement

Its not racist to complain about a group of people's actions.The facts are there to be seen , travellers in certain areas of Naas are leaving those areas in a mess and and are making tax paying residents of the areas uncomfortable .As always nothing will be done about it due to fears of people like you crying racism .

Advertisement