Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm withdrawal error but charged

Options
  • 29-05-2017 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, yesterday I tried to withdraw €300 from an ATM but it flashed up an error message along the lines of "Error. You will not be charged." Long story short it's showing up on my online banking as a withdrawal of €300. Will this be rectified or what can I do to have it rectified?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, yesterday I tried to withdraw €300 from an ATM but it flashed up an error message along the lines of "Error. You will not be charged." Long story short it's showing up on my online banking as a withdrawal of €300. Will this be rectified or what can I do to have it rectified?
    Hi Pretty.Odd,

Thanks for the message. This ATM transaction should be refunded once the machine updates with its end of day transaction listings. Depending on the ATM this process can take up to 5 working days. If this has not been refunded once this time frame has elapsed please contact our advisors either through the "Ask us a question" section available through your Banking 365 online profile or by calling on 0818 365 365 and they will be able to get the machine manually checked for any discrepancies.

Thanks again for getting in contact,
    Darren.

Advertisement