Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon account details/email no longer recognized

Options
  • 29-05-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

So i tried logging into my account this morning to find a different email saved on the login page.I also had a mail in my spam folder saying an order was canceled.
    Needless to say i didn't click on any links.
    I sent Amazon a mail but it states that it can take 12hrs for a response.

I have never used Amazon on any other pc/device bar my own.Its free from spyware.Its wired not wireless.Mine and the new email that was saved are both Yahoo ones.

So any ideas what happened?
    Is it my end or theirs?
    Should i cancel the visa card that is linked to my Amazon account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Check your account for the order status, I've gotten those emails into my spam folder lately too.
    game4it70 wrote: »
    So i tried logging into my account this morning to find a different email saved on the login page.I also had a mail in my spam folder saying an order was canceled.
    Needless to say i didn't click on any links.
    I sent Amazon a mail but it states that it can take 12hrs for a response.

I have never used Amazon on any other pc/device bar my own.Its free from spyware.Its wired not wireless.Mine and the new email that was saved are both Yahoo ones.

So any ideas what happened?
    Is it my end or theirs?
    Should i cancel the visa card that is linked to my Amazon account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Thats the problem i cant as my email that is tied to my account no longer exists according to the login page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Double check which of your Yahoo accounts has the Amazon account.

Happened to me; I didn't realise I'd set up Amazon accounts under both my REAL-NAME and INTERNET-NAME emails.

I only have one yahoo account.The other yahoo email that was saved onn amazon's login page was some random one i've never seen before :confused:

Got a mail from Amazon telling me they restored my account.All i had to do was change the password. :)

From the mail.
    We do not know how this person got your sign-in information because that happened away from our websites. Some techniques include using malicious software to capture a user's keystrokes, trying commonly used passwords, and sending fraudulent emails that ask users to provide or update personal, financial, or other account information (commonly known as "phishing").

I still have no clue what happened as i deffo didnt phished :confused:
    And fair play to them if there is a keylogger on my pc as that means they must have broken into my bedroom to install it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

game4it70 wrote: »
    Got a mail from Amazon telling me they restored my account.All i had to do was change the password. :)

From the mail.

I still have no clue what happened as i deffo didnt phished :confused:
    And fair play to them if there is a keylogger on my pc as that means they must have broken into my bedroom to install it :p

I'd run Malwarebytes to be sure.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/how-to-detect-if-a-keylogger-is-installed/d14c6cd6-6975-4b25-a2c5-17e5de194b50

Software keyloggers exist.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I did that this morning in safe mode and nothing found.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Set up two factor authentication too if you haven't already.

Advertisement