Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB sell off.....any benefits for customers?

• 29-05-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,775 ✭✭✭✭

In the past when companies sold off shares, their customers often got free ones, or some sort of financial bonus.

I have heard no mention of this with the planned AIB sell off. I take it there's nothing planned?

Comments

No. The state borrowed every penny used to bail them out and any proceeds will be going back to the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,775 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thought so......that's the end of this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

NIMAN wrote: »
    In the past when companies sold off shares, their customers often got free ones, or some sort of financial bonus.

I have heard no mention of this with the planned AIB sell off. I take it there's nothing planned?

That would usually be for companies that were owned by their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

NIMAN wrote: »

'often' :confused: Remind us of some of them please.

It didn't happen with the IPO of Eircom or Aer Lingus so why should it happen with AIB?

Advertisement