Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster & UK gigs

Options
  • 29-05-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section. For anyone has bought tickets for UK gigs before - how far in advance typically do Ticketmaster post them out? On their website it's saying they might not send them until up to 5 days ahead of the gig.

I bought 2 tickets for Phil Collins in Hyde park just before Christmas (literally 2 days before he feckin announced Dublin). Now it looks like I can't go. I was going to try sell them on one of their reseller sites and re-buy for the Aviva but if I don't have the tickets in my hand when selling them I can't guarantee I'd be able to get them to the buyer (assuming I am able to sell them).

Has anyone been in this situation before? I take it there's no way to get Ticketmaster to send them out early or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe email them or ask them on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Yeah they aren't the most helpful, they basically just sent back a generic statement that they do their utmost to ensure customers have their tickets in time for gigs and to check back on the account status to find out when they have been issued. In other words - we'll send em when we send em.

I know technically they don't have to send them until just before but was hoping the usual is to get them a good bit ahead and was wondering in general how fast others have gotten theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They haven't sent out any tickets for the Hyde Park gig yet according to their ticket delivery updates.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/ticket-delivery-updates/

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

In the immortal words of Andy Pipkin... Yeah I know.

Problem is they don't say when they'll send em out, just to "keep checking back".

Not to worry, was just curious is all, I might be lucky and they might send them out in time to sell them on or I might be able to find a way to get there anyway.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

I m going to depeche mode next saturday night and my tickets arrived last monday............hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement