Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Eyre Square grass discussion

Options
  • 28-05-2017 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to decide if this is as good as the Christmas Market thread where another outraged poster said having the market in Eyre Square on both sides of the road was akin to hosting one half of a hurling match in Salthill and the other in Tuam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Trying to decide if this is as good as the Christmas Market thread where another outraged poster said having the market in Eyre Square on both sides of the road was akin to hosting one half of a hurling match in Salthill and the other in Tuam.

Well i suppose it does make a change from the eyre square grass outrage despite the condition of the grass this year is worse than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

This has to be a troll thread. Well played op.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Well i suppose it does make a change from the eyre square grass outrage despite the condition of the grass this year is worse than ever

what are you actually on about? the grass is in best condition it's been in this time of the year in at least 2 years, maybe 3.

there are flowers growing in parts of the square now that were never there before and i've seen more people of all ages sitting down and enjoying the grass than this time last year.

remember when 3/4 of the square was blocked off due to reseeding and other repair work being undertaken by the christmas market minions?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drop the grass please.
    Or at least start a separate thread if there is interest in hashing that over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

biko wrote: »
    Drop the grass please.
    Or at least start a separate thread if there is interest in hashing that over again.

so I can't reply to another posters highly ignorant post that's basically a lie and needed to be challenged?

where is gordongekko talking about exactly, because the whole of Eyre Square has been and still is in the best condition for all of 2017 than it's been in several years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to a separate thread so the original thread isn't derailed.

Please don't refer to other's posts "highly ignorant post that's basically a lie" - instead meet the posts on its own merits.
    Don't drag the discussion down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Significant amounts of the grass have been replaced by flowers. This was no spontaneous flowering, it is due to deliberate planting done by the city council.

Some of these looked pretty while they were flowering, but are just ugly now.

And some of them have thorns meaning its too dangerous to let small children run around in the area.

Serious grass-lovers are outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

And some of them have thorns meaning its too dangerous to let small children run around in the area.

Down with the Anti-Thorn PC Brigade! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Flower-gate!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kupus wrote: »
    This has to be a troll thread. Well played op.

I actually didn't start this thread, I made that comment in the thread about the person's kid having their civil liberties trampled upon by tourists.

One of the mods just split it off and turned it into a thread for some reason.

Re: the grass itself though, 'tis looking fairly mighty lately in fairness.

Did get a bit vexed a while back when during the good weather the west side of the square was covered in plastic cups and half the daffodils were trampled, but.....overall it's pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Hurling in Tuam, the citadel of Galway football?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

JFK park is in great nick this year

JFK park is in great nick this year

600px-Assassins_rifle.JPG

It sure is....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Significant amounts of the grass have been replaced by flowers. This was no spontaneous flowering, it is due to deliberate planting done by the city council.

As a serious grass lover I'm totally outr... *inhales*, meh, it's alright, y'know, I mean the thorns aren't doing any harm to anyone, and the flowers, man, they're sooo beautiful. Whoa, I'm hungry... is anyone else hungry?

Zzippy wrote: »
    I mean the thorns aren't doing any harm to anyone, and the flowers, man, they're sooo beautiful. Whoa, I'm hungry... is anyone else hungry?

Have you been admiring the flora, Zzippy, or smoking it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Jesus wept :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE BEES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

No. They're over rated anyway.

Advertisement