Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eur loan repayments from NI

• 29-05-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all.

Question: I have a large (100K) personal loan with AIB with repayments of about 1000Eur a month. I am moving to Northern Ireland for the next 5 years for work and being paid in sterling. What is best way to go about continuing loan repayments?

Was thinking that perhaps I could open a NI ulsterbank account as I already have one in the south and transfer money between NI to ROI then use my ROI account to make direct bebits to my AIB account? But brief googling suggests that may be less fees/better rates to use currencyfair to transfer the money from NI to ROI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Currencyfair will have the best rates. It is not so much fees, as it will be cheaper to send money via a regular EFT. But the FX will be worse. Currencyfair will always offer a better rate than your bank.

Transferwise might be better for you though. They have a new borderless account service, which would allow you to more easily transfer the money

https://transferwise.com/borderless?source=publicNavbar

You need to take into account each money how volatile the pound is

• Registered Users Posts: 3 agranny

Thanks. That does look like the least painful option. Ill prob set up an account wih both and see how it pans out when I start work in August

Advertisement