Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen Motherboard+RAM compatibility

Options
  • 29-05-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be useful to collect some feedback from some of the recent Ryzen builds around here.

Build:
    Ryzen R5 1600
    Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350 (F6 BIOS installed)
    2X8GB Corsair 3200MHz RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

I initially thought that the BIOS upgrade from F5 to F6 would allow the XMP profile to be set no problem, but I was wrong unfortunately. The computer would attempt to boot a few times with it on before reverting to the default 2133MHz.

Then I just attempted to dial it back one notch by setting the RAM multiplier manually to 29.33, timings to 16-18-18-18-36, DRAM voltage to 1.35V and also increased the VSOC voltage to offset +0.240V as I was reading that this would help increase system stability.
    All worked nicely after that at 2933MHz. System was stable while rendering through NVidia mental ray for several hours and playing Overwatch for a few hours more.

Slightly concerned about increasing the VSOC voltage. I will likely bring that back down as much as possible to ensure nothing is overworked, next time I get the chance to tinker with it.

Looks like an F7 BIOS should also be on the way soon as a result of AMD making more tweaks. Hopefully that will enable the 3200MHz on this board.

Advertisement