Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Point for Broadband Company

Options
  • 29-05-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

A broadband company has put up an access point on my land to transmit WiFi across the town in which I'm living. The agreement meant that I receive free broadband in exchange for the access point. This was a few years ago and I have been happy enough with the broadband overall. However, now that the kids are older and streaming is all the go, I'm not sure if I'm getting a good deal. The maximum download speed that I have ever recorded is 13Mbps, but the average is about 5 - 6Mbps. As I've become aware that people are receiving speeds way above these, I'm just wondering if people think I'm being blagarded and if I should be receiving more.

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Totally depends on what that ISP has deployed there.

If its Imagine they have some new tech in the last two years which is a drastic improvement, not many(any) others are deploying that yet.

Advertisement