Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just took my Mastercard Online - and very Happy about it - now a question

Options
  • 29-05-2017 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Its a lot more convenient to check my balance and see where the money went without standing in line or waiting on the phone.

Now I can look through a few pdfs see fairly quickly how much Im spending on petrol etc .

So onto my question  : I noticed a 'request credit limit change' button.

It would be nice to have a slightly larger limit for e.g renting a car which I noticed to my chagrin  usually requires a larger hold on a card than my current limit.

However if I click this online button , would I then be plagued with financial questionaires, phone calls and so on  ? I find this sort of thing kind of stressful. And would any sort of refusal affect my credit  status on one of those credit check companies such as Experian for example ? I havent asked for an increase since roughly 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi ,

Its a lot more convenient to check my balance and see where the money went without standing in line or waiting on the phone.

Now I can look through a few pdfs see fairly quickly how much Im spending on petrol etc .

So onto my question  : I noticed a 'request credit limit change' button.

It would be nice to have a slightly larger limit for e.g renting a car which I noticed to my chagrin  usually requires a larger hold on a card than my current limit.

However if I click this online button , would I then be plagued with financial questionaires, phone calls and so on  ? I find this sort of thing kind of stressful. And would any sort of refusal affect my credit  status on one of those credit check companies such as Experian for example ? I havent  asked for an increase since roughly 2008
    Hi masculinist,

Thanks for the message. I can confirm that we would not contact you with any questionnaire's of phone calls if you apply for this limit increase. Requesting an increase would just bring you to a page to apply for this change of the credit limit and any further correspondence would be just in relation to the original request. We would always have a very clear "opt-in" button if you did want to receive any marketing correspondence.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement