If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optoma 142x audio options

Options
  • 29-05-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I was thinking of getting the Optoma 142x as a nice second screen. Could you recommend any wireless headphone/ 2.0 stereo speaker setups that might work with this? It will be used in a bedroom with an amazon firestick so no av receiver or long wire runs, compact as possible! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Big,

there are not really any wireless headphones that you can use directly with the HD142x unless you have a wired transmitter into the 142X - in terms of 2.0 speakers - you would have to use an amplifier as the 142x does not have any built in amp to drive external speakers.

If you wanted something compact but decent sounding I'd recommend the TIBO Plus 2:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201164-plus-2.aspx

These are Bluetooth and also have digital and analogue inputs to give you maximum flexibility.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Big hungry bear

Hi Big,

there are not really any wireless headphones that you can use directly with the HD142x unless you have a wired transmitter into the 142X - in terms of 2.0 speakers - you would have to use an amplifier as the 142x does not have any built in amp to drive external speakers.

If you wanted something compact but decent sounding I'd recommend the TIBO Plus 2:

These are Bluetooth and also have digital and analogue inputs to give you maximum flexibility.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks v much for the info, after researching I'll prob be able to connect headphones via Bluetooth directly to the streaming source so hopefully that's sorted!

What are your thoughts on the hd142x vs the benq w1070? The benq seems a bit more versatile and I'll probably have to use it in a small enough room initially.
    Will definitely get one of them, what's the best deal you could do on each?

Cheers guys!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Big,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks v much for the info, after researching I'll prob be able to connect headphones via Bluetooth directly to the streaming source so hopefully that's sorted!

What are your thoughts on the hd142x vs the benq w1070? The benq seems a bit more versatile and I'll probably have to use it in a small enough room initially.
    Will definitely get one of them, what's the best deal you could do on each?

Cheers guys!
    Hi Big,

I definitely prefer the Benq over the HD142X both for picture quality and connections. I find the Benq a bit more natural for colour, I've always thought the HD142 looked a little too heavy on the red end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do on the projector prices at the moment as we're down to the bone on them at the moment but keep us posted if you want to go ahead with one.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Big hungry bear

Hi Big,

I definitely prefer the Benq over the HD142X both for picture quality and connections. I find the Benq a bit more natural for colour, I've always thought the HD142 looked a little too heavy on the red end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do on the projector prices at the moment as we're down to the bone on them at the moment but keep us posted if you want to go ahead with one.

Kind regards

David

Pm there David, thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Big,

Kind regards

David

Pm there David, thanks
    Will get back to you asap.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.