Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuban restaurant and beer in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-05-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

So back from Cuba and would love to know if there are any Cuban places for food in Dublin I know there was Bella Cuba in Ballsbridge but I believe that has closed few years ago. Also love the Cristal and Buccaro beers but don't know if I could get that in Dublin is there a good offie that sells world beers?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Have you tried Habana on George St?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bucanero certainly used to be available. Try Redmond's of Ranelagh. It won't taste anything like it did in Cuba, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

No Redmonds don't sell any Cuban beer. Yeah been to Havana restaurant lots of times more for tapas but not recently they might have Cuban food there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BeerNut wrote: »
    It won't taste anything like it did in Cuba, however.

This, incalculable times

Foreign lager drunk on a nice relaxing holiday in the sun is going to taste nice. It won't taste the same in Ireland.

I'm off back to Portugal in 9 days and I'm sure the Super Bock will be fantastic again, even though the exact same bottles in Nandos are pretty crap.

True I just wanted one for a friend I had the rum in my checked luggage and one can of Cristal in my carry on I thought at Schipol I would just be going through immigration but they swiped it off me cos they were doing security checks too :( it was only one Cuc but still. I prefered the Buccaro one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I've seen Bucaneero here I think in the Porterhouse in Temple Bar but it was called Cubaneero.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think you'll just have to settle for a bottle of readily available Havana Club rum ... I recommend the Anejo Especial version.
    https://www.obrienswine.ie/havana-club-anejo-especial.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I got the real deal in Cuba two 35cl for €2.95 each bargain the dark one and the cigars too proper ones that a farmer sold us. Might check out the porterhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

miss choc wrote: »
    So back from Cuba and would love to know if there are any Cuban places for food in Dublin I know there was Bella Cuba in Ballsbridge but I believe that has closed few years ago. Also love the Cristal and Buccaro beers but don't know if I could get that in Dublin is there a good offie that sells world beers?

the drinkstore in stoneybatter has a huge amount of different beers, so many that they apparently only put about a third of them onto the shop floor because they don't have the space. I'd check there before anywhere else if I was looking for something specific you can't normally get in the offo

Ahh I went into that website and only saw 16 countries didnt see Cuba so left it but might give them a ring I see they don't have all the countries on their page

• Advertisement
Advertisement