Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aphids on roses.

Options
  • 29-05-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭

See lots of Aphids on my shrub roses.

Inbeleive soapy water will work to remove them, what is the ratio of soap to water ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I use about 20w-1s and seems to work OK...don't think there's any exact ratio as my wife often just bates it on if the aphids are bad...never killed the roses anyway, my dad always used "wrights" hand soap for his roses but that seemed to discolour the lower leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

_Brian wrote: »
    See lots of Aphids on my shrub roses.

Inbeleive soapy water will work to remove them, what is the ratio of soap to water ??

I've seen
    on you tube a guys makes a spray (an organic one for fruit) with 500mls water and 1 tablespoon of Ecover washing up liquid (as apparentely no chemicals in it) I'm sure the same would apply for the likes of roses with regular washing liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dammit you have set me off again - (hums) Aphids on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Advertisement