Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia PME Interview

• 29-05-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone had some answers tot eh never ending questions i Have about my up coming interview in Hibernia

1) What should i wear ( i know it sounds vain but i really dont know ima jeans and hoodie girl during my day to day)

2) the kind of questions i should be prepared for (im hoping to study english and history)

thanks in advance for any and all help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lelli Kelli

Hi there,

I had an interview for the primary ed masters on Friday and was offered a place for Sept the following monday afternoon!! I don't have a suit anymore (a long time out of college and a formal workplace!!) so I wore smart black trousers, black shoes and a black blouse. I had a cream jacket to go over it but it was a scorcher on Friday in Dublin!
    My questions were probably quite different to what you would be asked I guess. They were very friendly and welcoming but it was a formal and intense interview, more than I was expecting! For example pick any subject and talk on it for 2 mins, how would you handle conflict in the workplace, how would you deal with a parent complaining about your work, stuff like that, nothing out of the ordinary. All the best!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Hibernia Interview Failed Irish Segment
    Hi guys and gals,

I'm in need of some advice, so this August gone by, I sat the interview for the Hibernia PME, I thought all had gone fine, until I received word,that I fell down on the Gaeilge. Now, I have the opportunity to repeat the irish only, for the April 2018 cohort. Now I'm worried I wont be able.

Basically, I'm looking for advice regarding how to work on my irish.

I had looked into the Diploma sa gaeilge B2 in NUIG which I can start in September now (its for two year) , but wonder will it get me ready enough for the interview. And even still, praying I get a place, would the Diploma in irish be a lot of work doing alongside the PME course?

Or would an irish immersion course be better, but I dont even know if they still do these in Carraroe in Galway.

I don't what I would be better off doing. Has anyone any advice on this or have they been through it before? All help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lelli Kelli

Hi there,
    I would recommend doing an Irish immersion course, or basically classes in good conversational irish. This is what you need, the ability to have a conversation in irish, nothing too complicated. Have a look at teanglann.ie to brush up on your grammar and get some classes in conversational irish so you have a good run of practice at speaking and you should be fine. Best of luck

Advertisement