Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving rented house

Options
  • 29-05-2017 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I'm leaving rented accomodation this month as my landlord has gone into receivership and the bank is selling the house. As such, I need to close my account. However, there is absolutely no way that I will pay a disconnection fee for the house! How can I avoid this? Just have the bill put back in the landlords name?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi haro124,

Thank you for getting in touch.

There is no requirement to immediately disconnect the property when an account is closed. We ask the outgoing person to provide a name and contact number for the person or organisation responsible. It will then be up to them to register should they wish to guarantee supply at the property. If nobody registers, the property will eventually be disconnected.

On the day you vacate the property, we recommend taking a final meter reading and contacting us.

You can fill out the form here.

Alternatively, we would be happy to close your account here on Boards.

We require the following information by private message to proceed:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The address you are leaving
    - Your forwarding address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    - The meter reading taken the day you moved out of the property
    - The name and contact number of the landlord or the liquidator

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement