Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspire Pockex is going out, but what do I get in?

Options
  • 30-05-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using an Aspire Pockex starter kit the last few months, bought it on a whim and after a few drops onto the ground it's a little worse for wear and is spitting and gurgling a bit, especially when I refill the tank...

Now before I go and order a new vape, honestly, I'm not sure what gear or liquid to buy, have 12mg iced watermelon but not sure the pg/vg ratio that it is. Throat is a little dry from chaining, so tending towards a smoother smoke, higher vg?

One thing that really annoys me is the battery dying in the vape, so preferably one with a decent battery life, and one compatible with the higher vg liquids as I heard that some aren't comparable?

Don't mind spending a bit if it'll perform better than the one I have now. Can anyone fire up some suggestions on what might be a good kit?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

cefh17 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm using an Aspire Pockex starter kit the last few months, bought it on a whim and after a few drops onto the ground it's a little worse for wear and is spitting and gurgling a bit, especially when I refill the tank...

Now before I go and order a new vape, honestly, I'm not sure what gear or liquid to buy, have 12mg iced watermelon but not sure the pg/vg ratio that it is. Throat is a little dry from chaining, so tending towards a smoother smoke, higher vg?

One thing that really annoys me is the battery dying in the vape, so preferably one with a decent battery life, and one compatible with the higher vg liquids as I heard that some aren't comparable?

Don't mind spending a bit if it'll perform better than the one I have now. Can anyone fire up some suggestions on what might be a good kit?

Thanks in advance :)

The Aspire Zelos kit is a good setup,includes the Nautilus 2 which is an excellent tank, 0.7 and 1.8 coils will handle any juice you have,built in battery has good performance. Can't beat it imo.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Thanks for the reply, as I said earlier I've no clue about most of this, I'll even have to research the difference in what the coils do! :p

cefh17 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, as I said earlier I've no clue about most of this, I'll even have to research the difference in what the coils do!

I'll give you some info later on what's what, I'm on a mobile at the moment or if someone wants to assist you I'm sure they'll add to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks for the reply, as I said earlier I've no clue about most of this, I'll even have to research the difference in what the coils do! :p

As Doc says,the zelos kit is the best out there & also get some spare coils,0.7 ohm & 1.8ohm,both these coils will give you a different vape experience...

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

Use code IRISHVAPE for 10% off & get your self some juice

The Nautilus both old and this particular new version is regarded by most as a top class tank and for good reason as it's a tank that most vapers would have started their vaping journey on many years ago.
    The 0.7 coil is versatile as it will give you an excellent mouth to lung vape,as you'd smoke a cig,with the air flow closed to 1 or 2 holes.
    Open the air flow fully or almost and you'll get again an excellent direct lung vape producing clouds.
    I'd set my watts to about 20/22 for this particular coil.
    The 1.8 coil is more a mouth to lung vape experience and I'd give it about 12/14 watts.
    The mod is a 50 Watt mod with an internal battery charged via usb. I'd expect a day's use vaping at 20w but this is subjective to your own vaping style.
    You can also add other similar sized tanks to the mod as you progress but is ideal as a starting point and paired with the Nautilus 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

http://ecirette.ie/shop/coilheads/aspire-triton-mini-coilheads/

The yellow coil pictured above works in the nautilus 2 and is far better than the standard BVC coil.

Just make sure you select the 1.8ohm Clapton option.

Advertisement