Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic moderator

Options
  • 30-05-2017 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a Sonic moderator on their rimfire. I think it is the Sonic 35 that is used. And if yes how are they compared to the Sak moderator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Yeah, i've got one. I can't give you a comparison, because I haven't used the sak mod I picked up recently. I like the modular design, but it can be tricky to separate all the modules for cleaning, as they can be tight and awkward when you get down to the last couple of modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

If the threads are tight put copper grease on them like you would on the chokes of a
    a shotgun. I expect it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Anyone got a Sonic moderator on their rimfire. I think it is the Sonic 35 that is used. And if yes how are they compared to the Sak moderator.

Very well engineered, same sound level as SAK, ie hardly any. The loudest thing you hear with subs is the bullet hitting the backstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

goz83 wrote: »
    Yeah, i've got one. I can't give you a comparison, because I haven't used the sak mod I picked up recently. I like the modular design, but it can be tricky to separate all the modules for cleaning, as they can be tight and awkward when you get down to the last couple of modules.

To get a good grip use a tight pair of marigold washing up gloves which gives great grip. Wish I could claim this top tip as my own, but can't as my missus told me to try it as she saw me huffing and puffing and cursing with the last two sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

They seem to be very expensive though - £199 for a Sonic 35 versus about €50 for a SAK ( or am I looking at the wrong ones ?)

• Advertisement

rsole1 wrote: »
    Very well engineered, same sound level as SAK, ie hardly any. The loudest thing you hear with subs is the bullet hitting the backstop.

I am looking to use it on a .22 magnum. There is a fair blast from the 22 magnum.

.22 €60 and the HMR €75. If it reduces the noise below the level of the Sak it might be worth buying it.

.22 €60 and the HMR €75.

For the sonic 35?

Best I could see was £199 in the UK.

Vizzy wrote: »
    For the sonic 35?

Best I could see was £199 in the UK.

Open Season in Nenagh. Also operating under Irish Gun Trader. www.irishguntrader.ie under other accessories

Excellent - might give him a ring in the next few days (waiting for a licence to come through

• Advertisement

Excellent - might give him a ring in the next few days (waiting for a licence to come through

What are you putting it on.

CZ 455 .22 - hopefully :)

CZ 455 .22 - hopefully :)

You might know someone with a Sak mod and put some HV ammo through the Sonic and the Sak and compare. If it works for LR it might work for a WMR. Please get back to me with a result.

If I get the licence I'll see what I can arrange.

Advertisement