Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahl Super Taper blade alignment

• 30-05-2017 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

In March I ordered this, got it, everything worked perfectly.

Last time we used it, my wife was cutting our kids hair and all was ok but at the end of the process she told me a piece had 'fallen off'. When I looked the to and bottom blade had become separated, I guess the screws had worked themselves loose.

We have the bits, I reassembled it, but now it won't cut hair - it doesn't seem to 'grip' the hair. I have checked the instructions and looked online, it appears that I have aligned things correctly, but still it doesn't cut.

Am I missing something obvious? Is it suppose to be tricky to align the blades? I can send it back but want to check if I am just doing something wrong first!

Anywhere I can bring it to check? I had thought of just popping into my local barber shop for a cut and bringing it with me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It's really hard to help based on a written description alone. With most clippers there is a stationary comb and a similar combed cutter with moves back and forth creating a scissor action. Is the cutter still moving? I would disassemble and ensure the cutter is correctly attached to the motor (and any intervening parts in the mechanism). Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Make sure the two screws that hold the blades together aren't too tight,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭CiboC

With most clippers there is a stationary comb and a similar combed cutter with moves back and forth creating a scissor action. Is the cutter still moving?

Yes, I guess I wasn't descriptive enough! What happened is the bottom cutter somehow slipped out from under the top comb part. The comb didn't actually come away from the clipper and I guessed that the screws had just been worked loose enough for the cutter to slip out. The cutter still seems to move, which is why I though it was an alignment issue.

I brought to my local barber yesterday and he looked at it, took it apart and reassembled it, and it still doesn't work - he said send it back. (I did get him to cut my hair in return for the favour!)
    jpb1974 wrote: »
    Make sure the two screws that hold the blades together aren't too tight,

I'll try that again but the cutter does seem to move freely enough when it is turned on. That and I guess my barber is well used to putting them together properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They're generally considered great clippers. Hopefully customer service sorts you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I have a corded and cordless... never an issue with either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement