Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas CC Open TT 10th June

Options
  • 30-05-2017 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Our 4th Open TT takes place on Saturday June 10th. Kindly sponsored by McCormack's Bar, Main Street, Naas.

The venue remains the same as last year - the Kilcullen Sports Complex (Kilcullen Community Centre on google maps etc) on the Curragh Rd out of Kilcullen, Co Kildare.

We have decided to use the 2016 National TT Course - a challenging 38.3km trek to Athy and back. Coming as this event does just 13 days before the Nationals, it is the ideal warm-up event for our top testers as well as a chance for all the racing categories to give themselves a serious challenge this season. The parcours is similar to the rolling route proposed in Wexford so we are hoping to host some of the very best in the country to follow up the victories of Ian Richardson and Eileen Burns last year.

PRE-ENTRY EVENT - as before, we ask that riders pre-enter via the portal on our website (linked below) so as to allow the creation of a start list in advance. €15 entry fee

CATEGORIES: prizes will be given for the overall winners in elite men and women; there will be prizes for unplaced riders in the CI categories; depending on entries, we may also consider a prize for masters and juniors.

SIGN-ON: 8:30-9:30 am
    First rider off at 10.01am - start line is 2km south of Kilcullen town on the Athy Road so riders need to arrive early.

NB - we cannot accept IVCA licences this year, as per CI regulations. We do however encourage those with Limited Licences to give this event a go. We expect to give a prize for this category, the "grassroots" of the sport also.

https://www.naascyclingclub.com/open-time-trial/

Check Naas Cycling Club's dedicated facebook event page also for further info and previews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

I don't know if this would be regarded as the ideal warm up for the WW200 but sure what the hell, I'm going to give it a go, someone has to make the skinny lads and lassies look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Naas Cycling Club

Entries are coming in for this coming Saturday - we have had queries about the entry portal but simply click on the link and it will bring you to a paypal site upon which all of the relevant details for entry are collected. If there are any difficulties, send a PM here or a message via facebook to the Naas Cycling Club page.

We will have a "Limited Competition Licence" prize winner so we encourage those holding such licences to give this a go; will have the first 5 overall plus a 1-2-3 for women.

https://www.naascyclingclub.com/open-time-trial/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

When entry closes tonight, we will then put together a start list for tomorrow - it will be posted on all media sometime after 10pm this evening. Some cats well supported but only a few entries in A2, plus we would love to see more women - lots of prizes on offer on the day.

A few individuals have had difficulty logging in, for various reasons, so if they arrive early tomorrow (from 8:30 onwards) we can add their names to the list. Pre-entry saves time on the morning and gives riders a better picture of when they will be riding - first rider off at 10.01, so riders will know when to warm up etc.

Remember to allow time to get to the start; it is approximately 2 km south of the lights in the centre of Kilcullen on the Athy Road. Give at least 10 minutes rolling out from the centre.

PLEASE do not park at the start finish line as this is a busy road with a lack of space.

See you all later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'd have to admit I wasn't really feeling the love for this when I got up this morning, the only thing that encouraged me was the thought that maybe it'd be a full on tail wind home and a few PRs might be possible.

It didn't quite work out that way, while it seemed like a headwind on the way out but more of from the side on the way home, I was suffering plenty on return leg, and thought I'd got the pacing wrong but looking at my stats actually came home a little faster than I went out, and yes there were a few PRs got.

This was a well run event, well done to all involved from Naas CC, for me personally it's great to have an event like it locally. When you see almost as many marshalls as competitors you know there's a fair commitment from the organising club, unfortunately that's probably why there's not more of TT like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement