Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to transfer tickets

Options
  • 30-05-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I've a ticket query.

A colleague at work has 2 tickets to Radiohead @ 3Arena, Jun 20 and they clash with his summer hols abroad. He is happy to part with them at face value to a work colleague, close acquaintances, etc.

They are booked with Ticketmaster.

My son is a massive fan and I would like to go.
    My son is already excited at the prospect.

My question is -- what's the deal with transferring such tickets ?
    I've actually never used ticketmaster before and I am not sure about the exact T&Cs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If they're eTickets, he just prints them off and gives it to you.

Same with the physical tickets.

SEE Former Former's reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

me_irl wrote: »
    If they're eTickets, he just prints them off and gives it to you.

Same with the physical tickets.

NOOOOOOOOOO

This is completely, 100%, wrong.

OP, please read the following from the T&C for the Radiohead gig.
    The name of the lead attendee/purchaser will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. The lead attendee/purchaser will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.

If you want to take a chance on getting in on the night, by all means do - they might not be strictly enforced, but these are the stated rules for the Radiohead gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Get a loan of his ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

NOOOOOOOOOO

This is completely, 100%, wrong.

OP, please read the following from the T&C for the Radiohead gig.

If you want to take a chance on getting in on the night, by all means do - they might not be strictly enforced, but these are the stated rules for the Radiohead gig.

:eek:

Feckin' Ticketdisaster! Sorry for misleading you OP!

Oh, maybe your mate could do it via the site?

http://help.ticketmaster.com/how-do-i-accept-tickets-someone-transfers-to-me/

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Ok - thanks for this.
    My colleague is following up via customer service with T/master.

• Advertisement
Advertisement