Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit report and past addresses.

• 30-05-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I just got my credit report and it states that there are no records of any transaction.

I am 95% sure I had late payments on a credit card within the last 5 years, which leads me to believe that there might be a problem with the addresses I supplied. The credit card may have been registered to the Irish version of my address many moons ago (I've since stopped using the Irish version and the credit card) and I gave the ICB the anglicized version for the report.

For example this is not my address but Ballintemple vs. Baille an Teampall is an example of what I'm talking about.

Could this have caused a problem?

The second question is, should I call them and inform them that there are supposed to be late credit card payments in the report, or just leave it off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Just leave it off as I don't believe a late payment on a credit card would be recorded on your credit report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Trish56 wrote: »
    Just leave it off as I don't believe a late payment on a credit card would be recorded on your credit report.

It was a few late payments in a row which is why I think it should be on the report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Well if it's not just leave it be however don't apply to the same bank for a mortgage as it will be on record in the bank. If it's AIB for example well then EBS and Haven will have access to the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

What's to stop me leaving an address out altogether? Like if I had an unpaid loan at address X and only submitted address Y?

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Trish56 wrote: »

Having seen a recent (May) ICB report, late payments to Credit Cards are technically in arrears and are noted on the report.
    What's to stop me leaving an address out altogether? Like if I had an unpaid loan at address X and only submitted address Y?
    Because they will use information like your name, date of birth etc for *potentially* find the other records

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

OP they leave a number on the credit report for you to call and discuss the likes of this matter. AFAIK they only show 24 months of transactions on the report you receive. But up to 5 years of records stay on your report

When you filled out the application, it would have asked for any addresses you had in the past

Advertisement