Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammer series

Options
  • 30-05-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

https://hammerseries.com/

I think it'll be interesting to see how this format plays out. i definitely think there's a market for this concept. I just don't know if it's going to be used as a political tool in the world of cycling.

Interesting to see there's no team Astana.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Bound to be a hit this year at least with Tommy D in attendance, he's the most successful Dutch sportsperson this year I think.

It should make for a great spectacle too and more exciting racing as there's no preconceived notions of how the racing should play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

that looks like a great idea !
    Imagine if we could get something like that to Ireland? !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think it could be pretty exciting to watch. I'll hopefully get a chance to tune it.

According to their website:
    The coverage will be fronted by 12-time Tour de France stage winner Robbie McEwen, whose knowledge of pro cycling combined with Velon’s real-time rider data and ground-breaking graphics, will create an event to thrill casual and hard-core cycling viewers around the world. Joining him as commentator will be Declan Quigley.

The live stream will be available on the Hammer Series Facebook page: www.facebook.com/hammerseries

On YouTube, the live stream will be available on the GCN channel, the largest cycling channel in the world, which has more than one million subscribers. https://www.youtube.com/GCN

As well as being on social media, the coverage will be shown on networks in the following countries:
    UK – Bike Channel
    Pan-Europe – Eurosport 2 (highlights) and Eurosport Player (live)

topcat77 wrote: »
    Interesting to see there's no team Astana.

Do you think there is a specific reason why they are not competing?

Only 12 of the 18 WT teams are competing.
    AG2R, Bora-Hansgrohe, Dimension Data, FDJ, and Katusha are also not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Do you think there is a specific reason why they are not competing?

Non velon team's?

• Advertisement

Non velon team's?

Hmmm it's interesting because according to the Velon website Movistar and Bahrain-Merida are not Velon teams but yet they are competing.

From a bit of searching, it sounds like the Movistar directeur sportifs would like to join Velon, but Movistar are owned by Telefonica, who have their own telecoms rights ownership company.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

This is live on Bike channel now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yep its been great craic soo far, full gas racing all the time, Betancur doing some massive damage on the Hammer Climb yesterday.

Meant to post up yesterday as I happened to spot it was on eurosport player live and forgot :o

They also have a face book page covering it live. Did Bike Channel have commentary? Eurosport had none which is a shame. Some colourful language coming from the cars via the dash cams at times, and Tom after yesterdays race :D

Think as mentioned most of the WT teams were there except Astana, and I think Bora and DD too?

Ewen had a crash today , didn't see what happened though.

So they have a team of 7 and they race 5 is that it?

This is the standings for the 5 Man TTT tomorrow, first across the line wins it. It has been some good fun with full gas racing from the off every day. Not sure who is favourite for the win tomorrow, but I do know Tom is not riding for Sunweb. 44.7km TT tomorrow on a flat parcours I believe.

Explanation of how the 3 days works is here

DBaAhXyW0AE8yZl.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Inquitus wrote: »

Explanation of how the 3 days works is here

Revised standings as one of the Sunweb guys had to quit due to a crash and therefore his points don't count.

# Team Result
    1 Team Sky
    2 Team Sunweb
    3 Nippo - Vini Fantini
    4 Lotto Soudal
    5 Movistar Team
    6 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team
    7 Orica-Scott
    8 LottoNL-Jumbo

Just a heads up to those following this it's been relegated to the player today, 25km to go.

Just a heads up to those following this it's been relegated to the player today, 25km to go.

You can watch it live on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hammerseries/

or on the GCN Youtube Channel with their commentary -

Can't wait for the bunch gallop in the Peleton on TT rigs, going to be highly amusing....

Advertisement