Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

The raised kerb has already been out in place for the new bus stop heading towards the Airport in Santry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yeah, they're behind (shocking, I know).

It is imminent. Keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Edit: Scratch that, not this week.

Post edited by Peregrine on

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Sorry stupid Boards has flipped the photo. But here it is this evening. Quite close to the junction.

Didnt notice the last time I passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaBluBoi

Considering the severe staff shortages reported there, I highly doubt it

Also, I thought the N4 was going 24 hours cause it went into the inner city, not cause it was an orbital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Below is a Lucan councillor's update on the current situation with the C-spine & relevant routes in the Lucan area (boards doesn't like making it a hyperlink for some reason):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lucanliving/permalink/1035569093711610/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share

Hangon, why have they delayed the W2? I understand delaying the W4/W6, however the W2 is essentially a shortened 76 with only a slight increase in frequency. Are the driver shortages in Go-Ahead Ireland THAT bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Was the W2 ever meant to happen this year though? I was pretty sure the "June 2022 Ws" were meant to be the two tendered W4/W6 only.

I was under the impression that the W2 was scheduled to enter operations alongside the G-Spine, given that Go Ahead already operate the 76, which makes the implementation way easier, and given the Ballyfermot leg is to be partially replaced with the revised 26 and G1. I may understand delaying it till the Southern Orbitals are implemented, as the S4 is to fully replace the stretch of the 76 from Liffey Valley to Ballyfermot Roundabout, however delaying it till next year makes little to no sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

The driver shortages right across the industry really are that bad. And likely to get worse in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So, as most of the information online for this project rollout is patchy and barely penetrable, can any of you well informed people tell me what and when will be an improved bus connection between the first and second towns of Fingal County, ie, Swords and Blanchardstown?

The current situation, a 1hr 25 minute journey (at best) with either one or two bus changes, versus a 25 minute car journey, is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are very clear maps and frequency tables at the bottom of this page - they are hardly impenetrable:

https://busconnects.ie/initiatives/new-dublin-area-bus-network/

The N8 will link Blanchardstown with Dublin Airport via the M50 but that won’t be launched until 2023 or 2024 - that will connect with the new A4 or 22 outside ALSAA.

In the meantime the N4 orbital from Blanchardstown to Docklands via Finglas and Collins Avenue launches at the end of this month which will operate 24 hours a day (should be every 10 mins during the day) and will connect into the 33 or 41/b/c at Collins Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Spine A is Swords and Spine B is Blanchardstown. The NTA says those changes won't come in until 2024 unless there was some change in the rollout schedule which was noted here recently for next year. I know it's an incredibly long wait for you to get these new routes into these areas. Part of Spine B actually goes through my own locality of Blackrock in Dublin once it replaces the 4, the 7 and 7a along with the 114.

What routes in Blanchardstown have a 1hr 25 minute route to Swords with the bus changes included?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

When is bus O going to start driving around? It would give me a direct connection to Heuston and Conolly station which currently doesn't exist yet from my area.

W2 was never meant to launch alongside W4 & W6 early this year. I don't remember when it was supposed to launch though. Possibly later this year.

Early next year. There's an implementation schedule in this thread somewhere.

The W2 was supposed to launch alongside the G Spine changes - it’s possible someone is getting wires crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

https://twitter.com/DublinCommuters/status/1522516528167456768?t=hErINzy4902N8npQHjm8Gg&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Bit of work going on down by Hamburger bar on Kilbarrack road last few days. They have the traffic counters on road too. Havnt a clue where buses are going to park though.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thanks to all who answered.

Current options are to take either the 17A and meet the 41 at Santry or take the Maynooth line train to Drumcondra and then meet the 41. Or even travel into the City Centre and meet the 500 Swords Express. All of which have a minimum 1hr 25 travel time.

There is in fact one bizarre option to take a regional bus to Ratoath and meet another back to Swords which only takes 1 hr 10! But of course that's not at all reliable and if you miss the connection you're goosed for hours.

All of which I'm sure you will agree is a joke. I'm pleased to hear there are direct route options proposed, but they should be brought into service much quicker than 2024.

• Advertisement

The next BusConnects Core Bus Corridors planning application will be lodged tomorrow. This is the one that was due in late April.

Just an fyi, the site has been live for the past while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

An article from the Bray People was reporting that the new route from Enniskerry to Mountjoy Square to replace the 44 is now known as the L88 instead of the 88. This route is supposed to be known as an orbital route via Ranelagh along with the 86 & 87.

Why is the 88 being changed to a local route instead of being kept as an orbital route. That doesn't make sense to me unless it is a little error made by the reporter of this newspaper. Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,915 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how was it going to be an orbital route if it goes from Ranelagh to Enniskerry?

It is not an orbital or a local route - the TD has just picked up the wrong end of the stick regarding the number and the other poster is coming to completely the wrong conclusion.

It will be radial route 88 (not L88) operating between Mountjoy Square and Enniskerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Just had a quick scan through the maps - there doesn't seem to be as much permanent land acquisition as I had anticipated, they might get away with this! Nutley Lane in particular I thought might be a lawyer-fest but it looks like they are putting a two-way cycle lane on the golf club side of the road with no pedestrian footpath there to avoid having to take land?

Disappointed that the scope of this scheme stops at the Nutley Lane/Stillorgan Road junction so there is zero information that I can see about the Belfield interchange.

I’d imagine that will be in the Bray scheme or a separate application as it’s on UCD grounds.

Yes I take it the Belfield interchange will be part of the Bray scheme, or even something done separate to Bus Connects as part of the overall UCD campus upgrades. Edit - I saw LXFlyers post after I posted, oops 🙈

One thing I've spotted is to do with the placement of some of the relocated stops. For example, the 2 stops currently outside the Merrion centre have been relocated further away from both entrances, meaning there is more of a walk to the shops.

Other than than I am overall happy with the scheme. The Rock Road has been crying out for bus priority!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

To correct myself, there is a separate set of CPO maps that does indeed show a sliver of land being permanently taken from Elm Park Golf Club (as well as a larger temporary bite) including possible compromising of the tennis courts so there might be some argy-bargy there. Otherwise, the CPO element looks to be mainly on open ground or at a few reconfigured road junctions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

When is the bus gateway/corridor due to start implementation in rathmines?

Advertisement