Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Stephen15 wrote: »
    You do realise that almost every road including estates that have a bus service right now will still have a local bus service after the plan in most cases they will no longer go into the city centre like they do presently.

I don't understand the obsession with every area including estates having to have a direct bus service to the city centre when most elderly people don't even go into town but rather they make local trips to shop etc.

I don't have a problem with changing buses, especially if you are changing from a low frequency to a high frequency.

What I do have a problem with, and this is an issue for Blanchardstown village and surrounding areas is that you will have to travel the opposite way to get a bus to the city centre rather than towards the city centre. This will lengthen the journey considerably for most, much longer than any benefit from increased frequency. And when it gets to November and December, the travel time will be horrendous, battling to get to the Centre to change to the direct route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

I emailed them and they replied. They also have it on their twitter I see now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BusConnects/status/1019225037671460864?p=p

They have on twitter a week. After someone asked them directly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

jd wrote: »

Yes I see that you have engaged with them on twitter. I had emailed them before they tweeted that though, and was hoping for info on the future of fare capping across operators too. No luck there unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Spotted this morning..
    20180725_083222_HDR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Looks very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Like or Loath them,the NBRU,or more particularly it's General Secretary Dermot O'Leary has been doing a fantastic textbook job of representing it's views and interests on the Busconnects Plan.

The speed and breadth of their campaign,has effectively left both NTA and Jarret Walker himself fighting a rearguard action,before the ink was dry on the plan,and LONG before anybody had read & digested it.

I say huzzah to the NBRU,as it has very definitely exposed the lack of focus within the NTA,who are as a result,now being seen as largely clueless.

Yiz might'nt like it,but Dermot O Leary is the Irish Media's Go-To person now for ALL matters Busconnects. :)

Their view?, why do they even have a view and why is anyone giving them the time of day with it? They're a union, not a planning and operations organisation. All their members do is drive routes or work in the office / garages. As long as employees are happy with any changes that impact them directly why are NBRU commenting on anything to do with this, never mind critical things like public interaction? They're an utter disgrace and should be called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

SG317 wrote: »
    I have also gotten confirmation of this. I agree with you it is absolutely unacceptable.

I heard commuter rail is included up to short hop zone 3. Trying to find a map online that shows the zones. I'll try find out more and post here.

I heard commuter rail is included up to short hop zone 3. Trying to find a map online that shows the zones. I'll try find out more and post here.

Well I specifically asked about Adamstown, Hazelhatch and Louisa Bridge and was told no.

Well I specifically asked about Adamstown, Hazelhatch and Louisa Bridge and was told no.

What zones do they fall into?

jd wrote: »

Looks like that reply was to a question about north of Malahide.

• Advertisement

They're in the Short Hop zone and I'm not aware of any further distincton than that. Bus Connects did not refer to any distinction. Just no commuter rail.

http://www.irishrail.ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/dart-and-short-hop-zone
    What zones do they fall into?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

devnull wrote: »
    NBRU have always been the more vocal union though haven't they.

On the subject of that, I came across this last week:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh1wNrWXUAA0Xsz.jpg

Has there been a lot of DB staff switching unions because of this?

More of the usual anti NTA and anti "privatisation" rhetoric

I must have missed when 10% of Bus Eireann & Dublin Bus were "privatised". When did this happen ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Their view?, why do they even have a view and why is anyone giving them the time of day with it? They're a union, not a planning and operations organisation. All their members do is drive routes or work in the office / garages. As long as employees are happy with any changes that impact them directly why are NBRU commenting on anything to do with this, never mind critical things like public interaction? They're an utter disgrace and should be called out on it.

Sometimes I think this forum is obsessed with the NBRU. They get more attention here than almost anywhere else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

dfx- wrote: »
    Sometimes I think this forum is obsessed with the NBRU. They get more attention here than almost anywhere else.

How many other places do you know where people are discussing Irish public transport to the level this forum is?

You make it sound like you know a few dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Goldengirl wrote: »

what same service? Services available differ greatly depending on your location, that is the only differential here. NTA or DB do not actively discriminate against those with disabilities, no more than they do anyone else. Just because person X lives in location A and person Y lives in location B does not guarantee them the same level of service.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that the bus service in Dublin has limited resources which have to be best used to accommodate the most number of people in the most efficient way. Insisting every single disabled person has a bus right outside their door to every conceivable destination they want to go to is not practical or realistic in the slightest.

It's akin to arguing that I should have access to 10 minute frequency 7b all day service(rather than rush hour only single direction services) because it suits me because people on the N11 have the 46a and 145 at those levels. It ignores the reality of the situation completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Ignorant comment..

Thoughtful and insightful input do carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

No . You're the one who snigger snigger said that they "seem to have no problem when they get to the city" ?
    I have suggested maintaining a local off peak service, not at the expense of the busier routes, but not a dial a bus or taxi service. It was one of the adolescents that suggested they were" shut ins" or "comatose", and would need an ambulance.
    How can you be making up my argument when it's in black and white in front of you. I said in the main aka in general aka the the majority of. You don't even know what a dial-a-bus service is your last post showed that. It is not a taxi service.

Advertisement