Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad session on a Monday?

• 30-05-2017 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Have a friend over from London in a couple of weeks time, but he's only going to be in Limerick on a Monday night and is keen to go to a trad session.
    Where would I find one on a Monday or does one even exist? One where we could join in a bit of dancing would be preferable too :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

Also the Locke bar is doing a good session (including some slots for dancing) from early in the evening seven days a week I think.
    http://lockebar.com/live-music-limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Which would be more livelier I wonder?

Which would be more livelier I wonder?

Dolans has been at it a while now so there I'd imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dolans is very touristy.Maybe Nancys front bar?Locke also doing a tourist vibe too gets less of older tourists like dolans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I was actually in The Locke last night with some American cousins. I can only describe the place as Limerick's equivalent of Temple Bar (albeit much smaller). That's not necessarily a bad thing, they seem to have made a concerted effort to target the tourist market, as there was trad music and Irish dancing on there all night. Needless to say, my cousins loved it, as did all the other tourists in there (the place was packed). Must say that, although it's not my cup of tea, it's good to have something like this in Limerick for tourists.

Advertisement