Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generic replacement helmet pads... where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

I don't have an answer, I'm afraid, but am in the same boat.

I thought about a DIY solution, but it doesn't fully work:

- Velcro strip bought in dressmaking shop. Cut out 'dots' of it, superglue one half of velcro to inside of helmet.
    - Some kind of padded / towelling type material, superglue one half of velcro to material. The problem is that the material will fray etc, if not sewed, so not great...

Other option is to try to cannibalise pads off an old helmet if you had one.

So, not great, but maybe someone else has a cheap / better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

thanks mazza. I had an old crashed Kask helmet that i took the pads out of and now these are gone as well! :rolleyes:

might just take the plunge and buy a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Lidl had helmets a few weeks ago and they are actually very good for 20 Euro. Its the "pro" range and they came with a spare set of coolmax pads which i'm going to use on my Giant helmet.

Not sure if they will fit yours but worth checking out and like i said the helmet looks good and its a good fit,not like the usual helmets they have. You could use it for commuting. The pads don't have velcro on them

I got the silver one.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=lidl+helmet+pro&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgil=B3chcTeptvSmWM%253A%253BBWXHRkf9C4qPVM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Foffers.kd2.org%25252Fen%25252Fgb%25252Flidl%25252FpbqxS%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=B3chcTeptvSmWM%253A%252CBWXHRkf9C4qPVM%252C_&usg=__X0YopshlZxEQ5xXci9in2Uc9k7M%3D&biw=1920&bih=950&ved=0ahUKEwjHtdCutZzUAhWEBsAKHULKDioQyjcIMw&ei=k-kvWYegE4SNgAbClLvQAg#imgrc=2UHjyr-FCMSMyM:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

My Kask K50 Evo is in need of replacement pads too. I got in touch with Kask directly and they will supply pads no problem. The only thing is the pads are €11 and the delivery is €14 making a set of pads €25 delivered which makes it a bit pricey.

I wonder if it's possible to buy a sheet of that padding material (that attaches to the velcro) somewhere and just cut to size the shapes you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Amazon UK have generic pads for £8-9. I think they have free delivery over £25. So if you're planning on getting something else......

• Advertisement

My Kask K50 Evo is in need of replacement pads too. I got in touch with Kask directly and they will supply pads no problem. The only thing is the pads are €11 and the delivery is €14 making a set of pads €25 delivered which makes it a bit pricey.

I wonder if it's possible to buy a sheet of that padding material (that attaches to the velcro) somewhere and just cut to size the shapes you want?

this might be of help also:
    https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=133718;menu=1000,5,70

universal pads. haven't done anything about it yet as im using a light summer peak cap with the helmet for the summer.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-cap/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

thekooman wrote: »

haven't done anything about it yet as im using a light summer peak cap with the helmet for the summer.

I'm a big fan of caps too which has actually contributed to the deterioration of the pads !

I'm a big fan of caps too which has actually contributed to the deterioration of the pads !

makes sense when you say it. Ive used the helmet for a good few winters with a cap and ear warmers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i picked up a set of pads for my 9 year old bell helmet, for €9.95 in duff cycles. they stock bell though, so probably will only get in replacement pads for brands they carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

i picked up a set of pads for my 9 year old bell helmet, for €9.95 in duff cycles. they stock bell though, so probably will only get in replacement pads for brands they carry.
    :eek: You mustn't follow the philosophy that helmets have a lifespan.

I know Met recommend replacing their helmets every 3-5 years, and a friend who works in a bike shop mentioned a similar time frame to me. Both are slightly biased on the subject though :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement