Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No declaration on the deeds that is Pre-63

Options
  • 30-05-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

How do I know if a house is Pre-63 or not ? Is there any sort of register.
    The house is for sale by an agent - he says he is not sure if it is pre-63 or not but there is no declaration on the deeds as it has been previously sold as part of a portfolio.
    It is not pre-63 - is it very difficult to get pre-63 status ? or how go about this ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

harry999 wrote: »
    How do I know if a house is Pre-63 or not ? Is there any sort of register.
    The house is for sale by an agent - he says he is not sure if it is pre-63 or not but there is no declaration on the deeds as it has been previously sold as part of a portfolio.
    It is not pre-63 - is it very difficult to get pre-63 status ? or how go about this ? Thanks

For it to be Pre 63, there has to be a declaration from a competent witness or a series of such witnesses that the property has been continually in use in its present configuration since 1964. Not easy, as it is more than 50 years ago. I know a guy who bought a house in flats years ago. He got no declaration. A few weeks after the closing the council were around investigating the unlawful conversion into flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

OK - so there is no such thing as a register ? It involves getting a declaration from a local person to say it was in its current configuration since 1964 ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

harry999 wrote: »
    OK - so there is no such thing as a register ? It involves getting a declaration from a local person to say it was in its current configuration since 1964 ? Thanks

There's no register; the only thing which would be of value to you is a chain of declarations commencing with the owner of the property as of 1 October 1964 confirming that the configuration of the property - i.e. Number and scale of units - has not changed since then. In most cases, the declarations are often poorly made or understood - e.g. An extension obviously built in 80s or 90s but declarations stating no development!

If you're raising finance, the property will likely be unmortgageable without the he declarations!

Advertisement