Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Local authority SEO competition

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dublincorkie

End of this week (tomorrow?) or early next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

End of this week (tomorrow?) or early next week....

If you get an early text your goosed, the later the better.

If you get an early text your goosed, the later the better.

Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anna234

Any updates?

Results are out...waiting game now to see how things shake out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Any offers out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Update from PAS today on the SEE - first 200 on the order of merit being shortlisted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Celtic66

Hi, Just a quick question on this thread (I'm in the 200 currently being shortlisted for the SEE comp). Subject to being called to interview, I was thinking of doing the optional Irish language test - Can anyone offer any advice in terms of the level required. My Irish is pretty basic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

For the SEE comp, I received an email today noting that the next phase of shortlisting is taking in places up to 301 (I'm around 240).

Has anyone on here sat the interview yet? Any insights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Is the SEO panel still live, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Is the SEO panel still live, does anyone know?

Panel still live, as expression of interest for next 200 on Order of Merit was sent out to candidates a couple of weeks ago for Cork Co. Council.

I wonder did many respond to the request. I responded to EOI stating that I would be interested. Anyone else???

Yeah, I got that too - the first thing I've heard in quite a while. Calling "the next 200" for shortlisting/interview so that'd be up to 400 in the OOM - but only the ones interested in Cork, which is not me. I think the chances of them reaching my place in the OOM before the panel expires are slim to none, assuming the panel expires in the autumn of this year?

Ah well...

Yeah, I got that too - the first thing I've heard in quite a while. Calling "the next 200" for shortlisting/interview so that'd be up to 400 in the OOM - but only the ones interested in Cork, which is not me. I think the chances of them reaching my place in the OOM before the panel expires are slim to none, assuming the panel expires in the autumn of this year?

Ah well...

Never said never at this stage. Recruitment in the current climate is a tough business with staff retention very difficult.

See how things progress and if anyone who completed an EOI for Cork has anything to contribute, I will do so also.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

New competition has started. Info on PAS website this morning.

Here we go again! :-)

New thread needed & best of luck.

You too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cfmw

Hi All, hoping somebody here can help to direct me. I applied for the 2020 SEO competition. I have an interview next week. However this is my first time to ever apply for a public service job. I assume I am either successful or unsuccessful after interview. But if successful does that just means I go on to a long list of people and may or may not be called ever for a job?

There's probably a newer thread (one for the 2020 SEO competition, and there are definitely ones for the APO competitions) - but yes, if successful, you're added to a panel in order of your score. Next vacancy up is offered to first person on the panel, and so on. Not sure about SEO, but APO panels tend to last up to two years, and you can be offered a post while the panel is still live. Obviously, they may never reach your place on the panel.

Advertisement