Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Local authority SEO competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Long wait is an understatement. They should have really allowed us to update our forms in between the aptitude results & December ahead of them possibly shortlisting, etc.

The gap of 8/9 months is very relevant and should be addressed with up to date applicant forms.

I agree completely. Hopefully they go straight to interview as opposed to shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Long wait is an understatement. They should have really allowed us to update our forms in between the aptitude results & December ahead of them possibly shortlisting, etc.

The gap of 8/9 months is very relevant and should be addressed with up to date applicant forms.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have not been reading the thread obviously as it doesn't matter what the hell you have done in your career or put down on your application. They are only calling for interview based on those 12 minute tests. So unless you came within the top 100 forget about it.....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Anyone hear of any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any updates?

Nope all quiet on the SEO front.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 randomer542

I rang PAS this week. Was told an update would be sent out before the end of this month. Although I was told exactly same thing when I rang back in November too 🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bouncybouncy

Same as that. I'm in the 170's. Would anyone stab a guess at how many they might call for interview?

Same as that. I'm in the 170's. Would anyone stab a guess at how many they might call for interview?

Like guessing the lotto numbers. But well done on your placement at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

They called the first 100 for the senior. I would imagine it would be more than this as there will be more SEE jobs

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kigera

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    They called the first 100 for the senior. I would imagine it would be more than this as there will be more SEE jobs

The first 100 for Senior Executive Officer (SEO), Senior Planner, Senior Executive Planner, Senior Engineer, Senior Executive Engineer (SEE)?

I am hoping we hear something soon. Though I am not quite holding out hope for this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 randomer542

First 200 to be shortlisted. Good luck to all of you in that. I'm only just outside that so hoping maybe people appointed in recent AP and fact I'm in Dublin might hopefully mean I'll be called too though.

1st 200 for shortlisting no guarantee of an interview, so I expect more to be be called at some stage.

Be tough getting shortlisted out of the competition at this stage. Best of luck to those called into next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Is this relevant to all or just SEO or SEE?

I'm hoping that a lot of those who scored better than me live in those counties that we in the South only read about in newspapers, sorry Donegal, Mayo, Sligo, Roscommon, Leitrim, Monaghan, Cavan, Longford, Louth & Meath....

Have to say will be annoyed if i get shortlisted out at this point. I hope we get to update our forms cos I have so much to add at this point including acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sukisue

I would seriously doubt that there will be an opportunity to update form prior to shortlisting.

It’s so long since I did the form that I can’t remember what the job requirements were, but I have the management experience etc and currently work at the grade below so I expect to get shortlisted.

I would think that they would put through at least half of not 70 to 80%. I’m guessing here, but if the candidates have the desired job requirements I reckon they will go through to interview. Surely PAS will want a decent no. going to interview in order to get a decent no. suitable for a panel.

Anyone have any experience of shortlisting in these circumstances?

I placed just outside top 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Four technicians were called from one local authority for Senior Engineer interview.
    There is no mechanism for updating your form, got callled for preliminary interview in November 15 and second interview in June 16, no updating of form.
    Use your closing pitch to give the heads up and recent developments in your career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Four technicians were called from one local authority for Senior Engineer interview.
    There is no mechanism for updating your form, got callled for preliminary interview in November 15 and second interview in June 16, no updating of form.
    Use your closing pitch to give the heads up and recent developments in your career.

I presume those technicians had Level 8 Engineering degrees? At what stage do PAS assess applications to see if minimum quals and experience are met?

The shortlisting stage I imagine. If it’s a comp with no shortlisting but educational requirements, they’re checked at/post interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Was chatting with a friend of mine who is also in the running for the SEE comp - he has gotten word from PAS that Stage 3 of the SEE comp is unlikely to progress before April / May. PAS will be turning their attention to the other comps first, i.e. SEO, SEP, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dublincorkie

I rang to ask if I could update SEO application prior to shortlisting. Advised I could use as a basis of appeal if not shortlisted. Dublin area 50s.

• Advertisement

Any indication if shortlisting has started for first 200? They like issuing Friday bulletins so maybe next Friday people will have an update.

PAS from other competitions are not very receptive to appeals. I’ve seen the horror stories from other civil servants.

Yes well its hard to know how the shortlisting is going to go. Hopefully everyone gets the result they want

Wonder when we’ll hear about the shortlisting results?

I rang late last week. While I didn’t get any definitive answer I was told that it would be v shortly - so i would say we will know this week. Prob Friday.

The results are out. I’m extremely disappointed I didn’t get shortlisted. I have extensive experience in all the shortlisting criteria and find it hard to understand how I would not be suitable for interview. I am an experienced HEO with a number of qualifications.

Anyone know if there is an appeal mechanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭willthiswork

Got my response today. Didn’t get through :-/ I suspect my lack of local authority experience was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

Shortlisting results are out.

I got through, not sure what to do now as I recently got AP and I like my posting.

Didn't get through either. Have 9 years HEO experience and what I would have considered a strong form. I was recently promoted to AP although that wasn't on the form. This is extremely disappointing. I will definitely be looking to appeal if possible.

I have emailed public jobs in relation to feed back and the appeals procedure. Will update.

I also queried the number through to interview from the 200 and the percentage of these that are existing council staff. I know In the past that they favour those who are existing staff members.

• Advertisement

sukisue wrote: »
    I have emailed public jobs in relation to feed back and the appeals procedure. Will update.

I just emailed them too. Will revert. For the people that got through, are you currently working in a local authority?

Advertisement