Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stone Roses - Belfast, SSE Arena, 13th June

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Just met Ian Brown on the train home! Firstly, last night in Hampden and Wembley we're both amazing! I asked him if it was all over and he said the same what he said last night, don't be sad it's over be happy it happened. Then he said you have no idea how hard it has been to keep this band together for the last 5 years and said there 1 person in the band in particular who's the reason why and said "it will all come out" so I'm thinking they've fallen out with reni again? Either way, what a ****ing band and if it is over, I am glad to say I saw them live!
    Oh, Ian also hinted at going solo again...

but1er wrote: »
    Just met Ian Brown on the train home! Firstly, last night in Hampden and Wembley we're both amazing! I asked him if it was all over and he said the same what he said last night, don't be sad it's over be happy it happened. Then he said you have no idea how hard it has been to keep this band together for the last 5 years and said there 1 person in the band in particular who's the reason why and said "it will all come out" so I'm thinking they've fallen out with reni again? Either way, what a ****ing band and if it is over, I am glad to say I saw them live!

Taken from a Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

but1er wrote: »

Not sure is whoever posted that on Facebook making it up cause why would a guy who just played too what 40-50000 people be taking a public train home (surly he can afford too fly home or hire a driver)

Maybe it's for the best they finish on a high

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not sure is whoever posted that on Facebook making it up cause why would a guy who just played too what 40-50000 people be taking a public train home (surly he can afford too fly home or hire a driver)

Maybe it's for the best they finish on a high

Stone roses disco on fb, loads of pics with him and fans

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Collie D wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit ambiguous. Think they had planned to hit the studio after this "tour".

Have seen them three times since the reformation but didn't manage a show this year. What was the interaction on stage like? They seemed all loved up in Heaton Park in 2012 but a bit distant in Marlay Park last year.

Ian and Reni blanked each other in Belfast. Ian hugged Squire and Mani. Reni walked past Ian and both just stonewalled each other.

Ian and Reni have clearly fallen out. Ian sang the chorus of Beautiful Thing from back stage as the other three were hugging when the Hampden concert finished.

Word is new Ian Brown solo album in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BPKS wrote: »
    Ian and Reni blanked each other in Belfast. Ian hugged Squire and Mani. Reni walked past Ian and both just stonewalled each other.

Ian and Reni have clearly fallen out. Ian sang the chorus of Beautiful Thing from back stage as the other three were hugging when the Hampden concert finished.

Word is new Ian Brown solo album in 2018.

Reni does come off as a bit of a **** but theres prob 2 sides too the story and the truth will come out eventually

I remember watching the Made of Stone doc and in Amsterdam Reni refused to do the encore and left the venue leaving the other 3 too explain to the crowd what happend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Reni does come off as a bit of a **** but theres prob 2 sides too the story and the truth will come out eventually

I remember watching the Made of Stone doc and in Amsterdam Reni refused to do the encore and left the venue leaving the other 3 too explain to the crowd what happend

In fairness he was getting feedback in his ear all during that gig.

And they never do encores! It was just he walked off before IATR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

"The drummer's a cxxt" was the official explanation at the time :)

Advertisement